Plz change dark side corruption

Zasszz

I really love the red eyes on my dark side chars, I even try to keep the orange ones one some but the dark side "dirt" is ruining the effect. My beautiful dark sided female juggernaut looks terrible with the "dirt". The char would loow awesome with red eyes only.

Why is the "dirt" there anyway? Why cant we select the colors of the eyes and additional choose if we want the "dirt" or not? And when do we get lana´s sith eyes unlocked?

Without corruption and original selected skin color

http://up.picr.de/26501703pk.jpg

With corruption

http://up.picr.de/26501706yg.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love the red eyes on my dark side chars, I even try to keep the orange ones one some but the dark side "dirt" is ruining the effect. My beautiful dark sided female juggernaut looks terrible with the "dirt". The char would loow awesome with red eyes only.

Why is the "dirt" there anyway? Why cant we select the colors of the eyes and additional choose if we want the "dirt" or not? And when do we get lana´s sith eyes unlocked?

With corruption

And when do I get my 'Old Man' Wrinkles and Power Jowls?!?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yFOKoz6d3pU/maxresdefault.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Sebastian_Shaw_as_Anakin_Skywalker.jpg

With corruption

+1

Agree.... Please Rework Dirty face from Corruption...

That's not dirt... That is the Dark Side corrupting your character's appearance. If you knew Star Wars lore, you'd know the Dark Side is a cancer and it slowly corrupts and destroys its user. As Darth Sidious explained the Dark Side in Revenge of the Sith, it is "unnatural." To remove the "dirt" would be removing the side effects of being Dark Side to start. I'd say how BioWare approached corruption in this game is better than the walking corpse in KotOR 1.

In all seriousness, I've always considered the 'dirt' to be closer to the massive tissue degeneration you see in some IV drug users in the real world, especially with things like Krokodil (you do NOT want to look this up. Just......don't, O.K. It's really, really offal). Basically, your body is falling apart around you. This would be why so many of your senior Sith are mostly made up of Droid parts by the end.

That's not dirt... That is the Dark Side corrupting your character's appearance. If you knew Star Wars lore, you'd know the Dark Side is a cancer and it slowly corrupts and destroys its user. As Darth Sidious explained the Dark Side in Revenge of the Sith, it is "unnatural." To remove the "dirt" would be removing the side effects of being Dark Side to start. I'd say how BioWare approached corruption in this game is better than the walking corpse in KotOR 1.

Corrupts, yes. Destroys, no. Some abilities are considered unnatural which isnt the same as actually unnatural. That doesnt necessarily mean its destructive either.

I cant point at a single dark sided character from lore with similar dirt in the face nor are all sith blessed with it either. Feel free to show some so this "dirt" makes sense to enforce on everyone.

Still, making it optional would be the optimal solution for those that like the far progressed dark side "cancer" in their face.

Edited by Zasszz

Corrupts, yes. Destroys, no. Some abilities are considered unnatural which isnt the same as actually unnatural. That doesnt necessarily mean its destructive either.

I cant point at a single dark sided character from lore with similar dirt in the face. Feel free to show some so this "dirt" makes sense to enforce on everyone.

Still, making it optional would be the optimal solution for those that like the far progressed dark side "cancer" in their face.

The Dark Side is a cancer and slowly destroys its user. George Lucas, the creator, has specifically said this countless times over many years. The Dark Side of the Force is unnatural. The Light Side of the Force is how the Force was meant to be used. That is a canon explanation of Light and Dark.

It's not "dirt." It's Dark Side corruption. This corruption can manifest itself in a variety of ways. The most common way from the films is those who fall to the Dark Side have red or yellow pupils.

Malak's skin turned a very pale white due to his Dark Side corruption in KotOR 1. Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus had their bodies ravaged by the Dark Side of the Force with the former looking like a corpse and the latter barely even being human anymore. Darth Traya is also a perfect example who shows visible corruption and her pupils are completely black.

Every Sith Lord in the canon (before and after the EU was defunct) exhibits some symptoms of Dark Side corruption. Some are more pronounced than others. You may not like it, but this is established Star Wars canon because the Dark Side does corrupt and inevitably destroys. Why do you think the Sith are always obsessed with finding ways to prolong their life or gain immortality? It is because the Dark Side is ravaging their bodies.

Edited by Aowin

Help yourself with diplomacy friend, it is really easy nowadays.

But I love the red eyes!

The Dark Side is a cancer and slowly destroys its user. George Lucas, the creator, has specifically said this countless times over many years. The Dark Side of the Force is unnatural. The Light Side of the Force is how the Force was meant to be used. That is a canon explanation of Light and Dark.

Tbh I didnt read that deep into the lore nor did I follow georges history lessons. We see that only in the game, not in the movies or displays of lore characters. So I find that explaination contradicting.

It's not "dirt." It's Dark Side corruption. This corruption can manifest itself in a variety of ways. The most common way from the films is those who fall to the Dark Side have red or yellow pupils.

Yes, the eyes change, not the face. I would love eyes like lana more than red eyes because the pure yellow sith eyes dont come close to the effect of lanas eyes.

Malak's skin turned a very pale white due to his Dark Side corruption in KotOR 1. Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus had their bodies ravaged by the Dark Side of the Force with the former looking like a corpse and the latter barely even being human anymore. Darth Traya is also a perfect example who shows visible corruption and her pupils are completely black.

Ive seen them. But I would argue that those are extreme cases. One character from the sith warrior story suffered similar like darth sion yet shows not corruption at all. I know sidious and zash used their powers to conceal their true face but afaik only because they look very old, not because they are corrupted.

Every Sith Lord in the canon (before and after the EU was defunct) exhibits some symptoms of Dark Side corruption. Some are more pronounced than others. You may not like it, but this is established Star Wars canon because the Dark Side does corrupt and inevitably destroys. Why do you think the Sith are always obsessed with finding ways to prolong their life or gain immortality? It is because the Dark Side is ravaging their bodies.

The obsession is because they dont want to die, not because the dark side eats them up. Unless you want to imply that yoda was using the same method to stay alive for 900 years as a jedi which is rare even for sith to achieve. Remember sidious talking with anakin about unnatural powers. Another sith used the dark side to prolong the life of others. No indication there or anywhere else (in the movies) about the dark side being destructive to the body. Yoda or obi wan would have been the first to tell luke about it but they didnt. Again, very contradicting.

uhh, ugly.

ever considered wearing a mask? well, you know, there is a reason why dark side people have a fetish with these. from what i understand from nihilus it's even mandatory to have one when you get too dark. i mean be happy you still have a face to display your varices on.

Edited by TheKilltech

uhh, ugly.

ever considered wearing a mask? well, you know, there is a reason why dark side people have a fetish with these. from what i understand from nihilus it's even mandatory to have one when you get too dark. i mean be happy you still have a face to display your varices on.

^This

Darkside users deal with force in very violent ways, often harnessing much more power than their body is capable to hold (not to mention the fact that they quite literally use force against its will). And it slowly destroys them. Not like they care, becouse at such point they are simply able to command their bodies to keep functioning, but they sure as hell don't look pretty.

Edited by Frenesi

^This

Darkside users deal with force in very violent ways, often harnessing much more power than their body is capable to hold (not to mention the fact that they quite literally use force against its will). And it slowly destroys them. Not like they care, becouse at such point they are simply able to command their bodies to keep functioning, but they sure as hell don't look pretty.

No, no and oh god no... /sigh

Spoken like wannabe Jedi in truth...

The Force is NOT light "naturally"... It has 2 sides. Otherwise places and PLANETS could not be infused with the dark side of the force! Against it's own will, if you're to believed... *snicker*

Be there any force users on that planet or not the alignment of the planet is unchanged!

And this whole BS about the dark side turning you pale.... For HUMANS yes... Remember that the most known, arguably strongest natural dark side race in the galaxy are all RED! (Sith)

RED RED RED! Not pale white. Not decaying in the least, and with a lifespan that naturally dwarves human life...

Natural dark force creatures... Natural...

Can't really be UNnatural if they're "naturally attuned to the dark side of the force" eh?

Just realise Bioware kinda effed up with their "dark side corruption" especially since it happens to non force users as well! / double facepalm :rak_03:

Edited by Baalzie

The Force is naturally light. Again, George Lucas has explained this many times over the years. The Dark Side is "unnatural" and a cancer. Many fans misinterpreted the prophecy from the films to "bring balance to the Force" by vanquishing the Sith and the Jedi. This is false. Bringing balance to the Force meant eradicating the Dark Side and the Sith, which Anakin eventually did.

You realized Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Ziost all became Dark Side influenced because they were Sith-colonized planets? Sith Purebloods are human-sith hybrids. Sith Purebloods ironically enough aren't pure Sith. True Sith were creatures, much like the Massassi, and the original fallen Dark Jedi (who became the first Dark Lords of the Sith) subjugated the Sith and eventually interbred with them. Humans were always at the top of the food chain with Sith at the bottom. It was only later on that Sith Purebloods became a delicacy as they were a combination of the two. Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, and Ludo Kressh were all Sith Purebloods.

As I told the other poster, all users of the Dark Side exhibit symptoms of corruption in one way or another.

The Dark Side is a cancer and slowly destroys its user. George Lucas, the creator, has specifically said this countless times over many years.

He also said the force comes from little microorganisms that live in your body. :rolleyes:

BTW, my mara looks beautiful with the Dark III level corruption, like someone who is dangerous and powerful. I don't want to lose that so please ignore OP.

Edited by ZanyaCross

The obsession is because they dont want to die, not because the dark side eats them up. Unless you want to imply that yoda was using the same method to stay alive for 900 years as a jedi which is rare even for sith to achieve. Remember sidious talking with anakin about unnatural powers. Another sith used the dark side to prolong the life of others. No indication there or anywhere else (in the movies) about the dark side being destructive to the body. Yoda or obi wan would have been the first to tell luke about it but they didnt. Again, very contradicting.

Yoda's species is known to live up to a thousand years. His species is also incredibly rare and they are always powerful in the Force. It has nothing to do with using Sith alchemy, which is how Darth Plagueis (Darth Sidious' master) was able to prolong and even create life (i.e. Anakin Skywalker).

Jedi accept death and becoming one with the Force. This is part of the reason Force Ghosts are so common among the Jedi, where they are far more rare among the Sith. The Sith are always looking at ways to avoid death and to surpass it. Again, much of the incentive for Sith to want to avoid death is because of the negative consequences the Dark Side has on their bodies.

He also said the force comes from little microorganisms that live in your body. :rolleyes:

Yes. I know. Midichlorians are a bacteria in the blood that apparently determines one's Force capabilities. I didn't say everything he created was amazing. However, he has explained how the Force works for a very long time. The Dark Side has always been a cancer and it has never been natural.

Edited by Aowin

Yes. I know. Midichlorians are a bacteria in the blood that apparently determines one's Force capabilities. I didn't say everything he created was amazing. However, he has explained how the Force works for a very long time. The Dark Side has always been a cancer and it has never been natural.

And he also said "Greedo ALWAYS shot first!"

And "I always meant for it to be 9 chapters" when he changed the FIRST film entirely during shooting...

So yeah, quoting what GL said is NOT exactly proof of anything at all. Especially not "how it's always been"

Edited by Baalzie

And he also said "Greedo ALWAYS shot first!"

And "I always meant for it to be 9 chapters" when he changed the FIRST film entirely during shooting...

So yeah, quoting what GL said is NOT exactly proof of anything at all. Especially not "how it's always been"

GL changed Greedo's death for storytelling reasons. As far as how many episodes there were supposed to be, GL changed a lot due to the cost and budget of doing the OT. If I recall correctly, Boba Fett was actually originally going to be the main villain in Return of the Jedi (then Revenge of the Jedi).

Regardless, GL has never contradicted himself with regard to the Force. He's always been adamant that the Dark Side is a cancer and that it is unnatural. The Light Side is the proper way for how the Force is meant to be used and the EU supported that understanding.

Surprised I didn't see anyone mention it: There are yellow eyes you can unlock from the cartel market for pretty cheap (might be able to find em for sale on the GTN if someone is selling).

I haven't checked them side by side with Lana's, but I'm pretty sure they're close, if not identical. I made a dark-skinned, purple-haired JK with them the other day and that along with the hair style, face, etc... he looks vaguely reptilian and predatory. It's pretty cool. He looks like a born darksider, without any corruption needed, especially when he's saying dark stuff.

That said, I remember someone pitching the idea of a dropdown for DS corruption, where you can choose whatever level you want out of the ones you've unlocked. Use of Diplomacy and careful choices is a nice temp workaround, but it'd be a huge QoL change, IMO, if you can just choose from the ones you've unlocked. After all, you can hide corruption completely, so it's not as if modifying how you look somehow breaks RP. It would be perfectly reasonable within the lore that you can show some of your corruption, but not all of it.

Also, unrelated, but I think it'd be super cool if LS got its own form of optional look change. Perhaps a sliding scale that includes your eye color becoming lighter, hair becoming more blueish/white. Perhaps with a final stage, where your skin looks a little translucent, almost like a force ghost, but obviously not to the extreme that you truly look like one.

BTW, my mara looks beautiful with the Dark III level corruption, like someone who is dangerous and powerful. I don't want to lose that so please ignore OP.

You assume I want to get rid of it completely. I suggested to make it optional, seperating the eyes from the dirt to have either both or just one of each -> players choice.

Surprised I didn't see anyone mention it: There are yellow eyes you can unlock from the cartel market for pretty cheap (might be able to find em for sale on the GTN if someone is selling).

I actually mentioned them. But they are too bright anyway and only visible without dark side corruption. Their effect doesnt come close to lana´s eyes.

Edited by Zasszz

The Force is NOT light "naturally"... It has 2 sides. Otherwise places and PLANETS could not be infused with the dark side of the force! Against it's own will, if you're to believed... *snicker*

Be there any force users on that planet or not the alignment of the planet is unchanged!

And this whole BS about the dark side turning you pale.... For HUMANS yes... Remember that the most known, arguably strongest natural dark side race in the galaxy are all RED! (Sith)

RED RED RED! Not pale white. Not decaying in the least, and with a lifespan that naturally dwarves human life...

Can't really be UNnatural if they're "naturally attuned to the dark side of the force" eh?

Just realise Bioware kinda effed up with their "dark side corruption" especially since it happens to non force users as well! / double facepalm :rak_03:

Force itself isn't specifically dark or light at all. However, there are 2 completely different ways to use it. There's a reason why jedis say "May the force be with you", while our all-favourite Lana instead says "May the force ever serve you". Jedi's learn to flow with the force, and how to direct its flow in natural ways. Siths violantly rape it into obidience, without ever considering what's natural and what's not. That's why light side is generally considered weaker "at first" - you need much more time and understanding to do what you want. Siths achieve that level of power faster, but at a cost of using disturbed, more violent energy. And it causes damage. Quite phisical one.

As for sith race, they aren't natturaly attuned to darkside. They are simply force-sensitive ***** with pretty barbaric culture. Which of 2 approaches do you think they would take?

Force itself isn't specifically dark or light at all. However, there are 2 completely different ways to use it. There's a reason why jedis say "May the force be with you", while our all-favourite Lana instead says "May the force ever serve you". Jedi's learn to flow with the force, and how to direct its flow in natural ways. Siths violantly rape it into obidience, without ever considering what's natural and what's not. That's why light side is generally considered weaker "at first" - you need much more time and understanding to do what you want. Siths achieve that level of power faster, but at a cost of using disturbed, more violent energy. And it causes damage. Quite phisical one.

Or you could say jedi view the force as a companion while for sith its a tool. Yet both are sometimes pulled to places or events like stones in a river. There is no true light or dark side. Its still one force but the difference is only how force users use it. Because of that most jedi are usually not as old as sith.

As for sith race, they aren't natturaly attuned to darkside. They are simply force-sensitive

"Naturally" force sensitive.

I agree, there is nothing in canon that supports the theory that the "lightside is the the natural way or the way that force was intended to be used". There is a Darkside and a Lightside irrespective of a force users leaning or philosophy.

That said, however, their is cannon that supports the physical effects on the body from prolonged use of the Darkside. There can be no question that the darkside can cause any number of physical changed to the body as well as mental effects. These are variable however, and there are examples of extreme physical effects to very minor effects, and in some cases, none at all. Most darkside users, however, do experience some level of physical effects from prolonged usage of the darkside. There are many examples of this from canon and former canon. Just to sight a few examples, Palpatine, Vader, Darth Bane, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya, King Adas of Korriban, King Ommin of Onderon, Darth Zash, and Darth Caedus.

An excellent website that directly addresses the effects of the darkside on its users can be found at - http://imgur.com/gallery/Kjc36.