Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I am losing my patience!

Sawanee

I have Kira at rank 40. I have sent her out on 4 Grade 9, Treasure Hunting missions, "How Not To Fly".

She has failed all 4 times! What gives?

This is the type of thing that makes me just want to scream!!!

holding shift when you click the mission guarantees a crit, i did it like 6 times in a row! but seriously, don't take it so seriously.

Its a perfect example at a sub par lame replicating of stock items system. First and foremost this game does not have a crafting system. It is one of the things I miss about star wars galaxies, it could be said that it was complex and required alot of work on the player but you could make CUSTOM items that were either desired because of the look or the value of the stats. You could spend HOURS crafting. SWTOR's is an after thought a advertising gimmick. It is a shame because there is potential they just lack the innovation to do it.

Its a perfect example at a sub par lame replicating of stock items system. First and foremost this game does not have a crafting system. It is one of the things I miss about star wars galaxies, it could be said that it was complex and required alot of work on the player but you could make CUSTOM items that were either desired because of the look or the value of the stats. You could spend HOURS crafting. SWTOR's is an after thought a advertising gimmick. It is a shame because there is potential they just lack the innovation to do it.

Yes but in SWG to be a crafter you had to BE A CRAFTER; you had to dedicate your one and only character to the crafting skills tree and heaven forbid you ever want to do anything else.

Getting back on topic...

while the odds of 4 consecutive failures is small: 0.000625% or 1 in 1600, that is far from statistically impossible.

But it is the reason I superstitiously do not send the same companion on the same mission twice is a row. I have had companions fail the same mission multiple times in the past and I just don't send the same companion on the same mission twice anymore...It's just habit.

Yes but in SWG to be a crafter you had to BE A CRAFTER; you had to dedicate your one and only character to the crafting skills tree and heaven forbid you ever want to do anything else.

Getting back on topic...

while the odds of 4 consecutive failures is small: 0.000625% or 1 in 1600, that is far from statistically impossible.

But it is the reason I superstitiously do not send the same companion on the same mission twice is a row. I have had companions fail the same mission multiple times in the past and I just don't send the same companion on the same mission twice anymore...It's just habit.

I'm really glad I am not the only one that has this habit/superstition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.