Getting an Error after patch had worked

Jyslinn

I'm getting an error message stating "This application has encountered an unspecific error. Please try this patch again. " Is anyone else getting this? And is there something I should try to fix it. The patch worked fined earlier today. Thank you.

Try an repair:

Non-Streaming launcher*- Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.

If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher*- If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Hello.

This might not be popular option,but try switch game client to non-streaming, by disabling bitraider.

But it will redownload whole game files,unfortunatelly,but after that,no more bitraider buggs.

If you already have non-streaming client,well ... sorry for taking your time.

Just dont delete things,make back up of original file ,but the settings he shows,are the one to change.

Suggestion copied from here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

Yes - NOTE this is a complete download again

Right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

Open the launcher.settings file in notepad or notepad++[google this one] and locate the below line and edit to the below.

Quote:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

Change to:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

Quote:

, "bitraider_disable": false

Change to:

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete sugested files might not be necessary.

My personal option is go to start run msconfig and disable start of bitraider,but that litle advanced options,and only after this options in game file launcher.settings been changed,and only if you sure you want to do this.

Somewhere on launcher if its streaming version should small letters ST,if nonstream the letters arent there.

I hope it helps.

Unspecified error is a bitraider only error so the switching to non streaming is a 100% solution but it is a new game install.

Best steps to try initially to clear the error subject to the actual cause is

with the launcher closed,

right mouse click on the task bar and start task manager, then end ALL Bitraider processes like bitraider mini support service stub loader, then right mouse click on the game shortcut and select open file location, then delete the bitraider folder and then start the launcher and see if it is cleared.

If you go the path of switching , whilst deleting the folders mentioned is up to you it does stop folder bloat to free up hard drive space so the game doesn't take more room then needed.

Link provided by Revan_cz is from the old cs forum and is "read only" (I can edit that post though), if they get removed at some point in the future new forum link is here if anyone else needs the post, however it is pasted in this thread anyways :cool:

Edited by OwenBrooks