Why Season 2 of KotFE?

Patroller

I am curious as to why BW is doing KotET? After talking to dozens of people in game and everyone saying the same thing "I hate KotFE and everything associated with it", why is BW continuing to do content (shouldn't even call it that) that no one wants or likes? I hated every chapter of KotFE and found much of the story tp be meaningless and dragged out. Why can't BW go back to the days of imperial vs. republic?

That's a problem with game development: It takes quite awhile to make this stuff, so when you do something different ( IE moving to KoTFE instead of normal expansions ), you are also starting on the next one before you ever hear the feedback.

In this case, it was a miss...and that means at least a sizable part of KoTET will be a miss as well. They're probably scrambling to change what they can, but there's only so much that can be done.

To be fair, this forum is...extremely negative. I'm guilty of that too, sometimes. Everyone wants to vent.

But in truth it's probably not safe to assume that the sentiment of the forum matches the sentiment of the entire playerbase.

forums give unhappy players a gigantic platform to express their game-related criticism to all. i am guilty of this.

others just want to see the world burn. i am guilty of this.

To be fair, this forum is...extremely negative. I'm guilty of that too, sometimes. Everyone wants to vent.

But in truth it's probably not safe to assume that the sentiment of the forum matches the sentiment of the entire playerbase.

If you treat a customer well, they will tell two friends.

If you treat a customer badly, they will tell everyone.

I am sad to see the ship sinking, but I can't blame the passengers for getting pissed.

Not everyone is so negative about KoTFE. I have really enjoyed the extra cinematics and the story on the whole. The release of the story in chapters has left room for fun speculation in between. Over all my experience in KoTFE has been good.

I really disliked Makeb. I didn't mind SoR but was disappointed that our much loved companions played no part in those stories at all. I am glad for KoTFE and more of my favourite characters as they return and I look forward to more!

I am curious as to why BW is doing KotET? After talking to dozens of people in game and everyone saying the same thing "I hate KotFE and everything associated with it", why is BW continuing to do content (shouldn't even call it that) that no one wants or likes? I hated every chapter of KotFE and found much of the story tp be meaningless and dragged out. Why can't BW go back to the days of imperial vs. republic?

Short Answer: They have a skeleton crew and a small "survival mode" budget from EA.

Long Answer: They have a skeleton crew and a small "survival mode" budget from EA.

Only reason ROTHC and SOR had as much to them as they did is because a lot of the foundational legwork was already in place from when the original SWTOR development team was still around from early game development. So, the skeleton crews task after the launch debacle and EA let go of everyone was just to trim and tuck what was already there, add a few shinies here and there and voila, an expansion pack.