224 Gear Upon Chapter 16 Completion

peter_plankskull

Seriously Bioware... you're literally giving people a relic of 224 after finishing the expansion? It's not the same as operation gear of course, but gives power and critical, but still.... why Bioware... no one needs anything outside of a brain and 208 blue gear to do your game. Edited by peter_plankskull

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find that outrageous. One 224 piece is not going to change everything and nullify the need to run NM ops

I'm actually more motivated to finish chapter 16. That makes up for the loss of a companion in the previous one.

Edited by Ethern

no one needs anything outside of a brain and 208 blue gear to do your game.

I actually did the whole thing in my pvp set

Not that I'm taking a stance on your post, other than that the entire expansion is pretty accessible.

what do you bet.. its to encourage more people to complete the story? relics can be pretty damn annoying to get for entire raid team. you know, for people still raiding and all. having one accessible without having to go up against other people on your team?

Replacing a single relic with a 224 is going to account for an increase that is so minor, it will hardly be noticed in actual gameplay.

Of all the things one could get worked up about in this game, this belongs at the "mostly irrelevant" level.

Edited by Khevar

I actually did the whole thing in my pvp set

Not that I'm taking a stance on your post, other than that the entire expansion is pretty accessible.

Chances are you're PVP set may actually hold a bigger advantage than standard 208 gear because of the set bonus.

lmao... b*tch & complain

Maybe so... but what purpose does your post serve other than to antagonize me... it doesn't further the discussion or change any viewpoints.

what do you bet.. its to encourage more people to complete the story? relics can be pretty damn annoying to get for entire raid team. you know, for people still raiding and all. having one accessible without having to go up against other people on your team?

The main focus of this game is story, the story itself should be a reward, not a nice shiny. The voice acting, decisions were faced to make, character interaction and personalities should be the reason to do the story. The second half of your post is exactly why I dislike it, it simply replaces the need to raid, something actually challenging and requiring difficulty to obtain, not a freebie pass for a already salivating deal.

Replacing a single relic with a 224 is going to account for an increase that is so minor, it will hardly be noticed in actual gameplay.

Of all the things one could get worked up about in this game, this belongs at the "mostly irrelevant" level.

Relics account for a large portion of DPS, and my problem is their is no challenge when doing this chapter. Ill admit.... I had fun... some of the bosses were actually interesting with new mechanics and the story made me think about my choices... but then I found out you literally auto heal on the last fight. Not to mention if were all "oh... THIS time its okay" then their going to add it in again for the end of KOTET or whatever. Micro transactions started out like this... we were "oh... its only horse armor" and now we have actual content withheld from launch to serve as a paywall to get people to pre order games.

My biggest problem with the chapter is the fact that your ENTIRE alliance is COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS. All those companions you recruited, star fortresses destroyed, supplies given to the alliance don't do ANYTHING in the main story... AT ALL, and only serves as filler.

The main focus of this game is story, the story itself should be a reward, not a nice shiny. The voice acting, decisions were faced to make, character interaction and personalities should be the reason to do the story. The second half of your post is exactly why I dislike it, it simply replaces the need to raid, something actually challenging and requiring difficulty to obtain, not a freebie pass for a already salivating deal.

and yet... a lot of people are not actualy enjoying aforementioned story, which skews bioware's numbers. so they added this shiny as an extra incentive for people to actualy finish it. its not a set piece. it doesn't even seem to be optimized, judging by later posts.

as for challenge... well.. it might not be particularly difficult, but it DOES take what.. close to 10 hours if you skip the cutscenes to complete? so... at least some effort is required. probably more effort (and definitely more time) than doing one of the easier highlighted hardmodes.

Edited by Jeweledleah

as for challenge... well.. it might not be particularly difficult, but it DOES take what.. close to 10 hours if you skip the cutscenes to complete? so... at least some effort is required. probably more effort (and definitely more time) than doing one of the easier highlighted hardmodes.

I'm no real hard mode raider, but I can tell that you aren't from this.

More time spent, well... it depends... if you come prepared and can easily form a group within a guild, maybe. So what it takes 10 hours, my companion can literally solo every mob their is, given my companion isn't ALWAYS their, but when they aren't theirs always some kind of MAJOR buff which makes it impossible to die unless you have literally no idea what to do.

Hard mode operations, take, skill, awareness, preparation, thinking, teamwork, solo content has none of this. I can basic attack my enemy through the game in solo content and im sure under most circumstances I would be fine. Yes, chances are KOTFE may take some more time in hard mode operations, but no way in the galaxy will it require more effort due to its simple format.

I'm no real hard mode raider, but I can tell that you aren't from this.

More time spent, well... it depends... if you come prepared and can easily form a group within a guild, maybe. So what it takes 10 hours, my companion can literally solo every mob their is, given my companion isn't ALWAYS their, but when they aren't theirs always some kind of MAJOR buff which makes it impossible to die unless you have literally no idea what to do.

Hard mode operations, take, skill, awareness, preparation, thinking, teamwork, solo content has none of this. I can basic attack my enemy through the game in solo content and im sure under most circumstances I would be fine. Yes, chances are KOTFE may take some more time in hard mode operations, but no way in the galaxy will it require more effort due to its simple format.

eh. KP/EV are pretty easy hardmodes on 8 man, if half your group knows what they are doing, you are all set. and when they are highlighted hardmodes? they drop 224 and can be done in like an hour. so...

eh. KP/EV are pretty easy hardmodes on 8 man, if half your group knows what they are doing, you are all set. and when they are highlighted hardmodes? they drop 224 and can be done in like an hour. so...

As easy as KP/EV are compared to other hard mode operations, they still require far more effort than solo content. Their are no companions to carry you through, and basic attack spamming wont work. While their were mechanics for Arcaan on the last fight, you auto healed so it was pretty pointless. Not to mention its only a chance to get an item you want, meanwhile story content is a 224 confirmed relic.

HM ops require basic tactic knoweledge and minimum of gear.

I haven't had a chance to really look into the Tank relic, but the DPS/Healer Relic isn't anything to brag about. It gives 413 points to both power and Crit when active, and it has more endurance than the regular one while sacrificing the crit rating. (Meaning it doesn't give extra crit points.)

As easy as KP/EV are compared to other hard mode operations, they still require far more effort than solo content. Their are no companions to carry you through, and basic attack spamming wont work. While their were mechanics for Arcaan on the last fight, you auto healed so it was pretty pointless. Not to mention its only a chance to get an item you want, meanwhile story content is a 224 confirmed relic.

depends on how you define effort.

you can be completely carried through easy hardmode ops (and they tend t drop more than one 224, often - actual set pieces). and they are short. story takes more time, you have to keep progressing it yourself and for someone who doesn't enjoy these new stories? can be a REAL drag. for a not even optimized relic? a single relic. its really not a big deal. let people have their one high level item ffs. why does it bother you so much?

Not sure what team your on, but they take more then that. You have to know your rotation, mechanics and more then kinimum gear. Maybe your thinking of storymode.

literally, that depends on a hardmode. KP and EV can be 4 manned by decently geared/skilled people, so in bare minimum gear/skill 8 man is very VERY doable still. and no, I'm not exaggerating.

Not seeing why this is a big deal?

Same here. It's one relic, bound to a character so you can only get one per character and that's it, and its stat budget for the proc is not only split between power and crit rating but it's also less than the easily craftable 212 relics (413 Power & Crit compared to 903 Power for the 212 SA relic). I see no reason to complain about this. It's not amazing, but it's more worthwhile than the previous rewards the missions have been giving.

HM ops require basic tactic knoweledge and minimum of gear.

We can argue back and forth how hard they are or not, it varies from person to person, one thing we can stay that is completely objective is that hard mode operations require more effort, and are far harder than solo content.

Chances are you're PVP set may actually hold a bigger advantage than standard 208 gear because of the set bonus.

My 6-piece bonus buffs something that I regularly forget I even have, because most of the stuff I care about auto-crits during my normal rotation anyway, or is damn close to it.

I mean, I tend to agree with the rest of the folks in this thread. Without an augment present, the relic adds +16 power over my current one, and otherwise nerfs the rest of my stats (my gear is all augmented). The proc is also half the power boost I get from my pvp relic trigger (though that half is made up in crit, which...see previous statement about most of my big damage auto-critting).

To be fair, I haven't done a pve instance in God knows how long, but this seems fairly trivial.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.