Companions talking too much

SmokeyMountain

I've come to find that I'm liking the newer companions that have no chat when I'm running around killing mob after mob. It gets tiresome hearing the older companions say the same 2 lines over and over while fighting. I'm not sure if some companions are worse than others...playing an imperial agent right now, and Raina Temple uses a mixture of her voice and Kaliyo Djannis'...randomly telling me to "Be a man". SCORPIO seems to be the worst, repeating one of two lines after every mob I'm done fighting...sometimes both of them before the fight is over.

I've come to find that I'm liking the newer companions that have no chat when I'm running around killing mob after mob. It gets tiresome hearing the older companions say the same 2 lines over and over while fighting. I'm not sure if some companions are worse than others...playing an imperial agent right now, and Raina Temple uses a mixture of her voice and Kaliyo Djannis'...randomly telling me to "Be a man". SCORPIO seems to be the worst, repeating one of two lines after every mob I'm done fighting...sometimes both of them before the fight is over.

Could be worse. I'm always amused by hearing Lana tell me that a"weak" that I killed with one basic attack "Put up a good fight." Or that a Champion that we battled for a minute or so was a "somewhat worthy opponent".

I actually don't like that after KOTFE companions are so quiet. They don;t talk nearly as much in combat as they used to and I miss it. It's one of the things keeping me from bringing many of my favorite alts into the new content. Not only that but when you click on them, their mouths no longer move....and they no longer give commentary as you cross over the landscape. It really bothers me that this (small but enjoyable) content was removed from the game. And why oh why have the incorrect voices attached to so many companions been allowed to persist for so long??

The Star Fortress companions are virtually silent I believe (with the exception of Hemdel Tre), so if you want a silent companion at least you can count on those ones to be so.

Get Treek. After a few days, you'll enjoy that blessed silence once again. :rak_04:

Oh the memories. I remember playing last year, asking on general chat for help on how do I mute treek and if there was a way or something, but at the end always muting the whole sound of the game to avoid listening to him over and over.

I do like the commentary when you go to a certain part of the map thou, to me it makes the companions more interesting this way, but between battles and quests to kill 40 enemies (or even more) it does get too annoying.

You will find people that actually like it, so there should be an option to mute/unmute the companions in my opinion.