The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard dps raiding Q:

Ccgv

Generally curious, if I was to raid as a vanguard dps, would it be possible to compete with a gunslinger, or even command? Or does vanguard not have a chance to compete with those dps, because of the class? I'm just curious because I want to be a very good dps in raiding, to the point where I'm usually on top charts, but I want to raid as the classes I enjoy, not the classes that are "op".

In the end, can vanguard be top dps if he/she manages his rotation perfectly?

Generally curious, if I was to raid as a vanguard dps, would it be possible to compete with a gunslinger, or even command? Or does vanguard not have a chance to compete with those dps, because of the class? I'm just curious because I want to be a very good dps in raiding, to the point where I'm usually on top charts, but I want to raid as the classes I enjoy, not the classes that are "op".

In the end, can vanguard be top dps if he/she manages his rotation perfectly?

Not sure if trolling but if it's honest question look at this - http://parsely.io/parser/stats

Sorry If you think I'm trolling, but i'm still getting into the idea that vanguard is like a tanky dps. I know their dps is good for pvp, but I've never done pve, so I'm not sure what works there.

Well, if you look at the site i posted you'll see that AP/Tactics is top dps on most of the boss fights. It's common knowledge so i assumed you're trolling - sorry about that.

Well, if you look at the site i posted you'll see that AP/Tactics is top dps on most of the boss fights. It's common knowledge so i assumed you're trolling - sorry about that.

Thanks a bunch =). Happy to know vanguards are great in raiding to. Definitely gonna start, appreciate the help