/stuck command is daylight robbery

illipthgore

I can't say I've ever had this happen to me before.

/Stuck should only (and has only, for me) kill you when you try using it while in combat. Not only that, it should never (and never has, for me) autostuck while you're in combat.

So I don't buy your claim that autostuck is killing you. If it is, then that's a bug related to you.

I'm someone who is constantly jumping onto surfaces that aren't meant to be climbed. Whenever I'm in a group that is taking an AFK break, I'm always putzing around climbing on things. So, trust me, I know all about the /stuck command. But I've never had any major issues like the OP is trying to imply.

I do absolutely f-ing HATE the CD on /stuck! I must be missing the obvious, please, someone enlighten me to the purpose of the CD. Does executing /stuck twice in a row without a CD cause some glitch in the game that gives your character a million credits??

It's to prevent people from exploiting the ability to teleport. In addition, the /stuck command is pure DDoS bait. If it had no CD, then it could be macrod to be repeated endlessly, not only completely overwhelming chat, but completely overwhelming your character's positional data.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

I

It's to prevent people from exploiting the ability to teleport. In addition, the /stuck command is pure DDoS bait. If it had no CD, then it could be macrod to be repeated endlessly, not only completely overwhelming chat, but completely overwhelming your character's positional data.

I think most would understand having no CD, but the extending CD is absurd. A flat 10 or 15 second CD would stop what you're mentioning and make it so people don't get as frustrated trying to get unstuck.

Not true at all. I've run into plenty of cases where /stuck killed me. I just assumed it was a common thing that was supposed to happen, so I've never bothered to pay attention to where.

Go back and read my entire post, and stop skimming. Note the part where I indicate that there may be cases (depending on your location) where it repositions you in a fatal place (since the reposition is RNG). If so.. report it for the sake of other players. :rolleyes:

Now.. let's go back to when they first implemented /stuck. It was at that time, by design, 100% fatal. But they changed that several years ago. So only a positional bug would cause fatality now. In which case.. report it.. for the sake of other players (and be specific, so they can actually reproduce it).

Go back and read my entire post, and stop skimming. Note the part where I indicate that there may be cases (depending on your location) where it repositions you in a fatal place (since the reposition is RNG). If so.. report it for the sake of other players. :rolleyes:

Now.. let's go back to when they first implemented /stuck. It was at that time, by design, 100% fatal. But they changed that several years ago. So only a positional bug would cause fatality now. In which case.. report it.. for the sake of other players (and be specific, so they can actually reproduce it).

Well, you said, "you no longer die from /stuck." And then you end it with, "Leads me to believe there's more to this allegation than being presented."

Kind of hyperbolic on both accounts, so I responded with a bit of hyperbole of my own, saying it's not true at all.

Fair is fair, ya know.

Pffft. Why submit bug reports so that they can fix the problem, when they can just come onto the forums and complain about the problem instead. And since they haven't reported the bug, it won't get fixed and they can keep coming back and telling everyone how bad the bugs are.

Damn devs, not fixing the bugs they don't know about and aren't getting told about.

Ehm, 16 man Operations are still bugged yet several times reported. I don't believe submitting bug reports does anything.

Every once in awhile, I die from using /stuck. Thanks to this thread, I have a better idea of why (or at least when) that happens.

If you think /stuck death is bad, try getting stuck in such a way that /stuck doesn't work. Twice now, I've had to submit a support ticket and then wait 2-3 days for someone to boot my character to Fleet to get unstuck. At least I learned why it happens after the second time. If I Travel to Contact to turn in supply crates on Odessen and the latest chapter tries to auto-launch, I freeze completely where no buttons work (thus no travel skills) and /stuck does nothing.

Every once in awhile, I die from using /stuck. Thanks to this thread, I have a better idea of why (or at least when) that happens.

If you think /stuck death is bad, try getting stuck in such a way that /stuck doesn't work. Twice now, I've had to submit a support ticket and then wait 2-3 days for someone to boot my character to Fleet to get unstuck. At least I learned why it happens after the second time. If I Travel to Contact to turn in supply crates on Odessen and the latest chapter tries to auto-launch, I freeze completely where no buttons work (thus no travel skills) and /stuck does nothing.

That's why my husband quit ESO. His main got stuck and support never responded to the ticket.