How the hell do you gear up a fresh 65?

peteed

The stickies on these forums seem to have gearing guides that think level 50 is the max level and theres no other guides.

Common Data Crystals seem useless at 65, I seem to remember a whole wing of the fleet where there were vendors for each level bracket that used these in the past but now they seem to have no use.

Crafting seems to require heroic flashpoint items that require an item rolled on by the whole group that only drops 1 off the last boss and that gear are purples for level 64 not 65???

Tried queuing for story mode ops thing but idk if without purples i'm too low geared for it and hours later it never pops.-

For more actual Guides look at dulfy.com.

The Base idea is to buy 208 Gear with Common Data Crystal, and then grading up with glowing or shining Crystals or OP Token.

dulfy.net? Looked there and theres class guides and alot of other info like on companions but nothing about how to gear up I could see. No idea what glowing or shining Crystals are or where they are from and there seems to be nowhere to buy 208 gear with Common Data Crystals at least not anywhere on the fleet i've looked.

Look again, in the "Supplies" section on the fleet. There are common data crystal vendors, which sell you 208 gear for level 65.

Edit: Vendors on imperial side. On pub side the vendors are in the south-east corner, I believe. Make sure, to have the "Vendors" box checked on your map.

http://imgur.com/a/KoAPm. <--- MAP

Edited by chemistryset
Additional informations

dulfy.net? Looked there and theres class guides and alot of other info like on companions but nothing about how to gear up I could see. No idea what glowing or shining Crystals are or where they are from and there seems to be nowhere to buy 208 gear with Common Data Crystals at least not anywhere on the fleet i've looked.

Fleet supplies section - inner part, rather than the outer booths for the lower levels, or in your base or the cantina on Odessan & if you don't know what the various crystals are, I'd suggest playing the game as they are rewards...

The stickies on these forums seem to have gearing guides that think level 50 is the max level and theres no other guides.

Common Data Crystals seem useless at 65, I seem to remember a whole wing of the fleet where there were vendors for each level bracket that used these in the past but now they seem to have no use.

Crafting seems to require heroic flashpoint items that require an item rolled on by the whole group that only drops 1 off the last boss and that gear are purples for level 64 not 65???

Tried queuing for story mode ops thing but idk if without purples i'm too low geared for it and hours later it never pops.-

Regarding SM Ops, two things:

#1 SM Ops GF accepts level 50 and above so if you are level 65 you are already ahead of the curve

#2 SM Ops employ a bolster so your basic stats are boosted to a certain level

That being said, random queuing for SM Ops is not ideal. Best bet is to find a group on fleet, get invited, and queue with them.

Regarding Common data crystals: If your gear is worse than rating 208 then using Common data crystals for gear is NOT a waste.

Regarding crafting: yes crafting ops level gear is difficult to accomplish. That being said, the exotic isotope stabilizer (the material from HMFPs [and Ops BTW]) can be purchased from a vendor on Odessen (the one that sells grade 6 companion gifts near the cantina and GTN) for 25 glowing data crystals. That being said, considering you need 6 or 8 EIS to craft *A* piece of gear that's 150 to 200 Glowing crystals...you can purchase glowing crystal gear for that (although the crafted gear is in fact slightly better than crystal purchased; better stat distribution (lower endurance for DPS and heals meaning higher more appropriate stats like mastery, power, etc) and higher overall stat allocation).

The way to gear up quickly and well is to use a combination of wz coms and sm ops. You will get bolstered in sm ops, but be prepared (depending on server) for elitest and fools to scorn your gear. Ignore them. Bolster fixes all your stats in a SM op, you don't need to be augmented either. I would typically look to join EV and KP runs as they are the easiest espec if you haven't played before. Queuing via groupfinder won't get you very far as most ops are formed on fleet. If your having trouble getting into runs (ie people are saying hey your not in 220s! we want a fast run!) then my advise is to form your own group. type "lfm EV sm need all" into fleet then invite people who /w you. You need 1 tank and 2 healers for those 2 ops.

I use wz coms to get my relics. Hopefully you pvp'd a little while leveling, but if you didn't then grab the dailey quest, the weekly quest and finish both. It should take you about an hour, if your not a pvper you will have a bad time, but try to ignore being killed alot. It will also help if you turn off the chat window. you buy the 204 relics then trade them in with some coms for the 208s. This is cheaper and quicker then buying relics from the gtn and just as effective. My guys pvp quite a bit while I level so often get 208 implants and ears this way as well.

the third way is to buy stuff from the gtn. It normally costs 1.5-3million per item. A good way of getting this cash if you are credit poor and don't mind the cash shop is to buy 2 hypercrates with coins then sell them on the GTN. use those credits to buy 220 gear.

I use the PvP Vendors on the Fleet, they ask for Warzone Commendations and have usually good stuff, except for armoring which you can also look for level 64 armor stuff... quite expensive.

I normally doesn't have much "Expertise" but I enjoy, and you "feel" the difference: my toons leveled die less! :rak_03: