Binding next target to key other than tab does not work.

Chiela

Recently after a few accidental alt-tabs leading to death in HM flashpoints I realised I really had to rebind tab targeting to something else. Why am I accidentally alt tabbing in combat? Alt is one of the modifiers I use for extended skill bars. Before anyone says "well just rebind alt to something else" alt is one of the few keys that I can reach easily, with the number of skills I literally cannot replace it unless I want to play with only a portion of the skills that are given.

This is not the only game this has been an issue in. I have been accidentally alt tabbing in many other MMOs with multiple skill bars. SWToR is a larger problem than other games because it takes so long to get the game back after such an incident - I can get back into other games in 1s but ToR has a 40s+ load time. (For the record the game is on an SSD and my PC is pretty fast so upgrading is not going to fix the load time issue after alt tab.) I rebind tab in all my games to T. This works well in all games except SWToR. Even though there is the option to rebind tab target, it does not work. It doesn't work with T, it doesn't work with any other key or key combo except tab. The Old Republic is the only game where I can reassign the keybind and it does not function. I can rebind "closest/attacking target" just fine, but not "next target".

I know a lot of people will just play with the defaults, but has anyone tried to rebind tab to something else and experienced the same issue? If we can't rebind next target to something that works better for us, why is this even an option?