My game credits get stolen from the GTM

basilesim

I'm not sure if its a bug or what but some of my credits from sales on the Galactic Trade Market get stolen. I get some but some are empty when i open the message. I checked my credits and mark them down to make sure and sure enough an item of 100 000 never added up to my credits. My question is , is it a bug or some one able to steal our credits from the game. :mad: Edited by basilesim

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a bug. The GTN gets a 6% cut, plus you lose your deposit. It's essentially a sales tax.

Example: You place a stack of mats on the GTN for 100,000 credits with a deposit of 1,000 credits. The stack of mats sells. Your net profit is 100,000 - 0.06(100,000) - 1,000 => 100,000 - 6,000 - 1,000 = 93,000. So you net 93,000 credits after the "tax" and deposit.

I think what the OP is saying isn't that they didn't get 100k for a 100k sale, but rather they got 0 for a 100k sale. The email wasn't less than 100k, it was without the money.

To the OP, if you checked the email within 60 minutes of the sale, there won't be any money attached, as that mail is merely informative. There will be a second mail sent after the hour has passed with the money that is owed to you. I have seen this second message take longer than an hour before, for some strange reason that I've never figured out (meaning no server patch in those 60 minutes, no server crash, etc.).

If this was after that time and the mail message had no money and no attachment... well I have seen very rarely that a message from the GTN can fail to identify the buyer, and the item sold, and have just some random amount attached to it. I've had this happen when items I'm selling have no prices anywhere near that value (like 1,451cr when all I'm selling are a few items at 5M each). I am 99% sure there is a very rare bug in the system that can cause the GTN code to lose track of what it's doing, but I suspect this isn't actually what has happened here, but rather you've gotten the initial mail and just have not gotten the second before.

This isn't a bug. The GTN gets a 6% cut, plus you lose your deposit. It's essentially a sales tax.

Example: You place a stack of mats on the GTN for 100,000 credits with a deposit of 1,000 credits. The stack of mats sells. Your net profit is 100,000 - 0.06(100,000) - 1,000 => 100,000 - 6,000 - 1,000 = 93,000. So you net 93,000 credits after the "tax" and deposit.

Thanks i got it now, the other guys told me about the one hour delay , but thanks for the math , its the commission i suppose lol. Even in a game we get hit by taxes , can't even escape that reality lol.

Excuse me? You certainly *do* get the deposit back. I've even had a few items where the deposit was bigger than the 6% fee, so the amount in the finalised sale message was bigger than the price the buyer paid.

The only time you lose the deposit is if you cancel the sale.