Game Crashes When Using Taxis

CortegaKnight

My game is crashing every time I am about to reach my destination when using a taxi. I looked into the issue and found this thread, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=862391&page=2 and I did the recommended fixes including turning shadows and grass effects down to the lowest settings and I still experience the crash. My drivers are up to date as well. I'm running Windows 10 w/ a gtx 960 4gb gpu & 8 gb ram.

Windows 10 is fully up to date ?

Running a 970 myself and yet to get this, seemed to be SLI only now after a windows update a while back.

grass is set to 0 ? also try setting the game shortcut to windows 7 compatibility mode

More details on this issue is at this forum thread (Link)

Run a game repair just to be certain its not something else

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Edited by OwenBrooks

Windows 10 is fully up to date ?

Running a 970 myself and yet to get this, seemed to be SLI only now after a windows update a while back.

grass is set to 0 ? also try setting the game shortcut to windows 7 compatibility mode

More details on this issue is at this forum thread (Link)

Run a game repair just to be certain its not something else

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Hey, thanks a lot for the in depth steps. I ended up getting my game working again thanks to you!