Game Node Spec Cache

ErraticTheory

I am in desperate need of help of how to fix this error I keep getting while I try to play. I've noticed that if I try to change characters load into mission/ops/wzs my game crashes saying Game Node Spec Cache unable to write. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried searching the web for answers and none of those helped. Is anyone else getting this error or having this problem? If so what solutions have worked for everyone else?

Likely a windows permission issue given you have re-installed I would say likely with the appdata folder , this will be unchanged when you re-install. this is also where 2 temp cache files are created, diskcachestatic and diskcachestream , if these have an issue being accessed or created likely error will be node spec cache.

to see the appdata folder push the windows key + R and paste in %localappdata%

scroll down and you will see 2 swtor folders , delete them (if you have custom UIs backup the GUIProfile folder within to paste back later)

They will be recreated on next game launch

There is only one other cache file called diskcachearena and is about 1gb in size located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor

with the launcher closed delete just the file called diskcachearena

If it persists make a thread at EA Answers HQ

Edited by OwenBrooks