7/16/2016 3:30 PM CDT Login Service Unavailable

Cindal

Message on Launcher says "The login service is currently unavailable. Details can be found on our Twitter account.

Unfortunately, whoever wrote the message for the Launcher failed to communicate that to whoever creates the posts on your Twitter account. There is no info under system or server issues either. Perhaps someone can take the time to address this issue. BUT, if you are all at the English cantina and left no one home minding the store it may be a very long time before anyone is able to log into SWTOR. Then again, that may be a goal...

If you are using the old security key (attached prior to June 2015) there is an issue logging in

If using the mobile key , update to the new one and things will work , you will need to detach the old key and then add the new key

See this thread at EA Answers HQ (Link)

There was a wider EA issue that began about the same time the issue with the old keys started.

That EA issue was resolved 30 minutes ago, have flagged with EA community managers that the old keys still have an issue.

So this is being looked into

Edited by OwenBrooks

I was able to login this afternoon, logged out for dinner and stuff, tried to log back in and suddenly it doesn't work.

It can't really be an issue with the authenticator dating back a year ago if I've been using my old authenticator key fob for a few days and it worked fine until 15 minutes ago, can it?

Yes there is a known issue with those using the physical key fobs and the older mobile app prior to Jun 15

Old Mobile app is 8 digits

new one is 6 Digits

This should be now fixed and login should work ok now

Edited by OwenBrooks