Login service Unavailable

Death-Hammer

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just confirmed with EA Support - It's EA - The Security Key and other services are down.

BTW, if you DON'T have the new Security Key installed on your phone you will have to uninstall the OLD 2013 edition and install the 2016 one.

Once you remove your security *Don't have too you can Wait another 12 hrs till it's fixed*, don't try to add the new one as the service is broken. They Suggest you Double Check your Secret Questions and Keep them up to date.

Just confirmed with EA Support - It's EA - The Security Key and other services are down.

BTW, if you DON'T have the new Security Key installed on your phone you will have to uninstall the OLD 2013 edition and install the 2016 one.

Once you remove your security *Don't have too you can Wait another 12 hrs till it's fixed*, don't try to add the new one as the service is broken. They Suggest you Double Check your Secret Questions and Keep them up to date.

So what's the word on the physical ones? Is this just a temporary problem on their end?

BW/EA has pushed something today without any notice. The old security no longer works. You have to delete the old security key app, download the new one and then associate it again. The new security key app will not install on any device that is not capable of using IOS 7.0 or later (like my old Ipod gen 4). If you try to login through the website (rather than the game) you are able to reset your password with the "lost my security key/one time password" email.

FYI- the 2016 version will not work on anything earlier than IOS 7.0

Um, what? I'm talking about the dongle. I do not use the mobile app and I do not want to.

I have a physical security key and I have no desire to part with it. *** am I supposed to do?

I'm right there with you.

Edited by Cedia

Um, what? I'm talking about the dongle. I do not use the mobile app and I do not want to.

Yeah im using the physical one too, I'm wondering if our old physical one is now void or not? cause we should get one free then, if they become void shouldn't we?

Okay guys a warning on removing security keys if you're using the mobile app--if you are on Android and your phone is running the older app that does not have the info icon on the right side (three vertical dots), YOU WILL NOT HAVE FUN WITH THIS. I might've spent an HOUR messing about with uninstalling, reinstalling, then trying to log into my account and setting up a new security key because the serial number is located under the info icon that is only on the newer version of the app. Eventually I was sent a second one-time password for the security key login and the serial number was automatically placed on the website for me to then enter into my phone.

Bottom line: be prepared for a slog if your phone is not running 5.1 or somesuch Android OS. FML that sucked.

Yeah im using the physical one too, I'm wondering if our old physical one is now void or not? cause we should get one free then, if they become void shouldn't we?

Not sure , I do know the old mobile app cannot be re-attached

Since they moved to RFC 6238 app it isnt even necessary to use the swtor app any more

Worst case winauth can be placed on a USB stick if portability is needed

Google authentication can also be used

Edited by OwenBrooks

The hell? No flipping way am I removing something that I paid for that is still working just because of this nonsense.

This is just a workaround, I'm sure when this is resolved people can reattach their physical keys.

I removed my physical key and attached a mobile one without issue so I'm not convinced that's correct. It's not like support are known for always giving entirely correct answers!

So what's the word on the physical ones? Is this just a temporary problem on their end?

So after its fixed we can use the old physical ones?

Well we haven't had any information, and they certainly haven't announced ceasing support for the physical ones so the assumption is that it just an issue currently. Once this blows over you should be able to reattach your physical one.

BW/EA has pushed something today without any notice. The old security no longer works. You have to delete the old security key app, download the new one and then associate it again. The new security key app will not install on any device that is not capable of using IOS 7.0 or later (like my old Ipod gen 4). If you try to login through the website (rather than the game) you are able to reset your password with the "lost my security key/one time password" email.

Doubtful. EA have tweeted there is an issue, so it's more likely to be an issue than suddenly removing support for the old authenticators without notice.

Well I don't have any smart phone or app-capable device.

I have a physical security key and I have no desire to part with it. *** am I supposed to do?

Either wait it out until they resolve the issue with the old security keys OR you can use something like http://www.winauth.com so you can have a 'mobile' security key attached as a stop gap until the issue is resolved.