Screen turn fps drop, choppy screen turn.

DinkusKhan

Many of you may know what I am talking about by the title of this thread. I have decided to classify this as a bug rather then a hardware issue, since I'm running a Nividia Geforce GTX 970 with an AMD Black Edition FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor - 8 MB - Socket AM3+ I am also running 2 Ripjaws series 8 gig sticks of RAM. Windows 10 OS and a 1 TB Hard Disk Drive. So I don't think hardware is the issue since I've run this fine before. This has also occurred with many other peoples games and it's currently making it a clunky experience, especially for those who wish to tun the game on Ultra graphics settings with expensive gaming rigs that are still getting the same problem. This is an MMO, its not supposed to give Frame rate drops on such a scale. Now, I can understand if you're sitting in a crowd of 60 people who the fps can get a little laggy, but when in a group with 3 other people and my screen is constanly tearing and chopping up at the slightest screen turn bugs me. Stuttering would be the best word to describe it. When turning the screen fast, the game tends to cut back to places I've already panned past almost like lag, except my ping is fine. Maybe I got ahead of myself, about saying MMO's aren't supposed to get FPS problems, because clearly they do. However I have experienced light variations of the Stutter just not on this scale before.

Not to fear people, because I do have a solution to the problem:

It appears by disabling the "Scale Nameplates by Distance" Option, the Screen stutter significantly improves if not stops all together. Check out the solution video here:

However, this doesn't mean Bioware should disregard the problem since having a bunch of giant character nameplates on my screen is not what I consider a legitimate fix. Who knows, maybe I'll always suffer from the problem but it seems like it's getting worse since I last played the game.

Running a GTX970 here and can spin in a circle like a tornado with no stutter, turning off the nameplate scaling is just freeing up resources and is more a workaround then a cause, the UI in swtor is based on Adobe Scaleform

try setting pre-rendered frames to 1 in the nvidia control panel

lower the shadow quality resolution and/or set to low

turn off vsynch whilst in fullscreen mode