Virus

sleepybearga

I just got the new patch for the game and there is a virus that attached to swtor exe program it has crashed my system 3 times. Anyone know of a fix?:mad:

no there is not a virus, how about some details though?

When does it cause the crash? Any error messages appear? Running on Bitraider client?

If running a BitRaider client locate the "bitraider" folder in your game install files and delete it, then restart launcher and it will install the patch again.. more than likely it a was a bad installation and not a virus lol

Edited by LamiaiSkunk

when i log into the launcher and then it is verifying and then the game starts and i quit the game and then login again that is when my anti virus comes up with the virus warning and then everything crashes and i have to go to a restore point

when i log into the launcher and then it is verifying and then the game starts and i quit the game and then login again that is when my anti virus comes up with the virus warning and then everything crashes and i have to go to a restore point

This sounds like an anti-virus issue. Try disabling it and see if the issue persists.

What anti-virus do you use btw? Most of them are worse than the viruses they are supposed to prevent (which they don't), but some have reputations for interfering with other programs, especially games.

This sounds like an anti-virus issue. Try disabling it and see if the issue persists.

Yeah, sounds like a false positive.

OP.. most virus checkers allow you to exclude specific executables... Just exclude swtor launcher and client from your virus checker... and only get your patches directly from Bioware.. and you should be fine.