Can't Lunch the game after changing the resolution

Peetspoon

Hi guys,

So i have been playing swtor in this pc for a few years and this is the first time it has happened and i don't know how to fix it.

I changed the option from full screen to windows full screen, but now when I press play it lunches the the game but it gets stuck on the loading sreen, dont know how to change it back again... anyone can help me with this please?

Thanks for your help

The same thing happened to me, and the after effects are still happening. We got it to launch by forcing compatibility mode in Windows 10; however, my husband did that and I don't have any details on how he did it. But I can at least launch the game now.

Before, the game would load up really small up in the left corner. At one point, the launch screen was just a line a few pixels wide.

This is a Win 8.1 machine upgraded to Win 10 about 2 months ago with zero other issues until last week. My comp manufacturer (AMD) says the drivers are fully up to date. Alas, I have an integrated video card -- not my choice; this was a warranty replacement on another machine that died after 3 months and I had no choice in what they gave me.

Despite us finding a workaround, it didn't fix the underlying problem that I can no longer play the game windowed or fullscreen(windowed) and keep my native resolution. My floating toolbar also doesn't show when I'm in the game, but it's fine when I tab out.

While signing on, and then after signing off, the game resets my native resolution from 1920 by 1080 to 640 by 420. I have to keep a browser window open and Alt-tab to get to TS or Dulfy or just not in the game. But while I'm in the game, the browser is fine ... as it is right now while I'm typing this.

Also, I first noticed an issue a few days prior, when I could no longer use the Win 10 record function. I had previously made a few video captures but it started telling me I there was nothing to record, play some more and try again. I check my settings, and IIRC, I went from windowed to windowed fullscreen and that's when all hell broke loose.

I can add more details on the launch workaround once I get them.

yeah i installed it from scratch on windows 10 (that i was forced to install as probably many of you) it was working fine but now i can't do anything at all its really annoying, please let me know if you find out Edited by Peetspoon

I did look at the EA forum, which is a morass of all kinds of topics, and with what my issue is (what I got after fixing the launch problem), I never would have gotten it from that header.

I will try those fixes when I get back to my affected machine and see, though. Thanks, with hope that it works. :rolleyes:

[translation: I would rather stab myself in the eye with a hot fork than deal with EA or its forums, not a snark at the post.]

Edited by AnisaBadgett

Alt + Enter didn't work, it just resets the windowing to a low resolution, and both the change resolution dropdown and the frame rate (which is wrong, too) dropdown are grayed out and unable to be selected. I kinda hope I don't have to clean reboot my entire computer because this seems like a game functionality problem. :confused:

Remove the compatibility mode shouldn't be needed

I gather you tried pressing alt+enter more then once to see if things behave, alt enter basically just switches modes between fullscreen , window etc

did you look at the contents of the client_settings file per the link above ?

swtor is one of the few games that reads edid , if this is wrong things go wonky

without knowing hardware, if this is amd then can use cru to create an override just for the native resolution and frequency ie. 1920 x 1080 @60Hz for example.

it should behave.