Arrogance and the Current Event

AlienEyeTX

Huh? YOU aren't locked out of the event though, that character is. Otherwise your previous argument falls over ( actually it falls over either way ) as I'm sure many people had characters ( mains too most likely ) that couldn't qualify for the previous level requirements of previous events and couldn't get there within a week thus those characters were effectively locked out too.

Heck it was worse back then because if that player can't get his highest levelled character to the level requirement in time then they themselves as players are completely locked out of the event. Here though, start a new character and off you go. You are not locked out at all.

You were implying this is the first time this game has locked anyone out, no one is locked out. Your character might be but then so was my level 10 character locked out of the gree event in the past thus there is no precedent set here.

You don't need new characters just like you don't need to do this event. If you want to do the event though then yes you need new characters, at least you have a choice of making a new character - a level 10 player couldn't just make the choice to instantly become a level 50 to do the gree event in the past.

The two are entirely different situations. This event is requiring an "extra-game action" in order to do; ie start a new character. Old events merely required you to work up to the ability to do the content.

Even if you were literally unable to meet the requirements for the content before the event expired, it was still more consumer friendly. You either could do the event or you couldn't. But if you couldn't, it isn't because you were locked out, it's because you just weren't there yet. Not meeting requirements is not the same as being locked out. (Think of it like this: With the older events, if I wasn't able to participate in the event, it was because I didn't do the work to reach the requirements. But with this new event, if I wasn't able to participate, then there is NOTHING I can do to change that.)

The issue revolves around not being able to use a character you want to use. Objectives, rewards, achievements, all of that is completely irrelevant.

Cool you're not legendary then. Neither am I. I'm so far also only doing it 1 character and there are quite a substantial amount of rewards for doing so. So there you have it, you CAN do it on only one character. ;)

No, I am legendary. And the issue isn't doing it on ANY one toon, it's doing it on THE one toon. The one toon I do EVERYTHING ELSE with. My main character.

So you are in the same boat now that players were back when they couldn't qualify to do gree etc? How is it you think this event is somehow unfair then but the previous ones weren't?

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to imply with this statement/question...

Perhaps you thought I was saying the current event is unfair because I have no time to play it? I never said that. I don't think the event is unfair. In fact, I think it's perfectly well organized and presented.

But, if you had to press me to respond to what you said, then no, I don't think the previous events were unfair either. Someone's time to play has absolutely no relevance to the construction of the event. If someone can't participate for personal reasons, it's no fault of the event's designers.

Also 1 hour a day is about what I've been sporadically doing. Up to level 24 on my new toon and that's only doing purple story missions with no exp boost at all ( as I didn't want to get too strong too quickly - I don't trust level sync to do it for me ) probably 4-5 hours put in so far so levelling is far fastest than what you seem to think it is.

Cool story? I honestly don't care about how amazing you are at leveling. I don't see how it has any baring on the conversation at all. And who are you to tell me what I think something is?

Either way though it sounds like you are too busy for this event so I'm not sure exactly what you want from it? Retroactive rewards on your existing toons or something? Nah, that's rewarding you for doing actually nothing if so.

Again, I don't really see why you made this note. I never claimed to make any sort of demands out of the event itself. Nor do I care about (or even want) rewards...

The only thing I care about is the principle of the situation. I want to use a character that I've been playing since the game started. That's all. I don't want retroactive achievements. For that stuff I WOULD roll a new character, no questions asked. But the entire concept this event is designed around is Dark side choices vs Light side choices. I don't understand why you need a new character to do that. I can do that perfectly fine on my oldest character...

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also 1 hour a day is about what I've been sporadically doing. Up to level 24 on my new toon and that's only doing purple story missions with no exp boost at all ( as I didn't want to get too strong too quickly - I don't trust level sync to do it for me ) probably 4-5 hours put in so far so levelling is far fastest than what you seem to think it is.

Just as an aside here: I know leveling is way faster than it was in the past, but I do feel it's worth nothing that although leveling to about 25 or so is super fast, as you near 30 and pass it, it starts to slow down a lot. Part of it is the XP; part of it is the dwindling number of "easy completion" quests if your leveling is not spaced out, such as PvP intro, starfighter intro, PvP weekly, etc; and part of it is the terrain. On the first couple of planets, everything is chained together such that it's easy to grab 3 or 4 quests and knock them out with ease. It gets a lot more time-consuming as you get into planets like Tatooine and Alderaan, in part just cause of the time it takes traveling across stretches of nothing.

I think that the people who did a bunch of leveling when the game's leveling was at its hardest are naturally going to have a different perspective on what "fast" means. They are also going to have a lot more thorough understanding of how to grab every quick bit of XP to speed things up. Not that they shouldn't, but that it's something to keep in mind when calling the leveling easy.

Objectively, this game's leveling is certainly one of the fastest in a modern MMO, but with the way the human brain works, "fast" largely depends on perception. Once you get used to what "normal" is, fast is an increase in speed and "slow" is a decrease in speed. It doesn't matter what the objective number is at that point; your brain is working off of its perception, not empiricism. Someone who spent years playing this game's leveling at difficulty X is probably going to take a lot longer to consider Y to be "normal" speed.