Imperial Agent cannot progress

TheGhostOfSlade

I've seen this one being reported before, going back several years. Basically I started the class mission Darth Zhorrid Arrives with my Agent, got through the meeting with the definitely insane Darth, and headed back to my ship to use my holoterminal (getting the shuttle from the surface of Korriban directly to my ship).

On arrival in my ship, I activated my holoterminal. It took longer than usual to load, and then when it loaded I was shown a static image of my Agent looking at a hologram of Watcher Two, accompanied by ambient background ship noises.

I immediately exited and tried again to no avail, so I hit the internet for help. As I said, this bug had been reported before, and the community have suggested a number of fixes.

I have tried:

lowering my graphics setting before activating my holoterminal

logging out and in again

quitting the game entirely and restarting it

doing the first space mission and the trying my holoterminal

going into orbit around another planet and trying my holoterminal

spacebarring through the cutscene

going back into orbit around Korriban and trying my holoterminal

All to no avail.

Some people suggest abandoning the mission and starting over, but it won't let me abandon a core class mission.

I submitted a ticket to customer services about 15 or 16 hours ago, no reply yet but admittedly it was Sunday night my time when I submitted. I've heard talk of this being an unexplained bug that randomly crops up on some people's Agent playthroughs and the devs don't know why, so customer services can only help by getting you through that cutscene at their end or something. I don't know if that's true, but if it is 1) it seems a bit nuts, like Bethesda bug levels of nuts and 2) it's quite frustrating as I rolled this character specifically for Dark v Light and would prefer the chance to actually choose the conversation options that suit my playthrough. Plus the delay is a pain when I don't have loads of free time.

On the other hand, I'd never encountered a bug or bad experience playing this since last September, and that's not a bad record. I just figured I'd report the bug here and see what happens.

Thanks. I've no access to another computer until I visit my girlfriend this weekend (we're in different cities for college/work), so hopefully it'll be resolved by then.

Seems a bit crazy that this bug has been reported basically since the vanilla game was released and BW still don't know what causes it or why it only happens sometimes. I know people have reported it at a later point in the Agent storyline too, hope it doesn't happen to me again then :(

Edited by TheGhostOfSlade
Clarity