The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Secondary stats as a DPS Pyrotech

Altephor

So obviously, every BH out there is maxing AIM/END as much as possible, but what should I look for in terms of secondary stats as a pyrotech?

I've been stacking as much crit chance as possible, I'm assuming that and (eventually) surge will give me the most damage output, but wanted to get some feedback.

So obviously, every BH out there is maxing AIM/END as much as possible, but what should I look for in terms of secondary stats as a pyrotech?

I've been stacking as much crit chance as possible, I'm assuming that and (eventually) surge will give me the most damage output, but wanted to get some feedback.

I like crit. Random big numbers make me happy. I'm sure Power is just as valid as a tertiary stat though.l

How are you even posting in the BH forums. Mine says site is down for maintenance. The only way I saw this post was it was the most recent under classes, this I could click on.

That being said, accuracy is your friend. You want a minimum of 100% so your shots dont miss.

How are you even posting in the BH forums. Mine says site is down for maintenance. The only way I saw this post was it was the most recent under classes, this I could click on.

That being said, accuracy is your friend. You want a minimum of 100% so your shots dont miss.

How are YOU posting in the BH forums? Shoe is on the other foot now.

Accuracy is misleading a bit. You want more than 100%. As I understand it (which I could be wrong, without parsers and mods and such it's hard for anyone to be completely sure right now) you need extra accuracy to cancel out the Defense score of your opponent.

So for PvP you'll probably want 105% to account for everyone's baseline Defense and who knows what you'll need for raids, likely higher, I don't know. I feel it is safe to assume that bosses will have a higher Defense than players and other mobs however.

The power of Crit is obviously linked to Surge and the value of Crit in your talent build (although I don't think PT's gain any significant value from crit related to talents).

We really need to figure out how all of this scales. How much Aim is equal to how much power is equal to how much crit and how they all relate. I'll admit I'm mostly in the dark but I've seen good benefit from all of them and I'm curious as to how it all relates.