Latest update causes crashes

Mechavomit

Like the title said. The latest games update crashes my PC and it won't boot after that for a while. It overheats my CPU, I guess? Even tho it had no problems updating other software. It goes alright at first, but then I start hearing the coolers whoosh and then it just turns off. I'm not really computer-smart, can I have some advice on what to do?

I've already tried uninstalling the game and downloading a new client - didn't help.

I cleaned my coolers thoroughly - didn't help.

Ran several anti-virus scans - didn't help.

Replace the thermal paste on the CPU cooler, it has likely dried up if it is years old

The CPU is barely three months old. I had an expert check my computer, he said the hardware is fine. It's an issue with the software.

if it was an issue with the software then everyone would be affected.

There maybe an underlaying issue with cooling that is surfacing for example, worth checking temps under game load

See if this thread sounds similar to what is occurring for you

Edited by OwenBrooks

if it was an issue with the software then everyone would be affected.

There maybe an underlaying issue with cooling that is surfacing for example, worth checking temps under game load

See if this thread sounds similar to what is occurring for you

Thank you. I checked the temp, the CPU heats up to 60` - 61' C when patching and stays that way right until the crash. No spikes, nothing.

Since the update, I've started experiencing crashes / lock ups in SWTOR but only in certain parts of the game. Belsavis for example. It normally happens only during area transitions. Computer hardware is what I deal with for a living. I don't have any CPU overheating, or other hardware issues. I can play far more demanding games all day without issue. One of the guys on my raid team has the same problem I do.

This wasn't an issue prior to the start of the event and the patch that kicked it off. .

Since the update, I've started experiencing crashes / lock ups in SWTOR but only in certain parts of the game. Belsavis for example. It normally happens only during area transitions. Computer hardware is what I deal with for a living. I don't have any CPU overheating, or other hardware issues. I can play far more demanding games all day without issue. One of the guys on my raid team has the same problem I do.

This wasn't an issue prior to the start of the event and the patch that kicked it off. .

Ran a game repair ?

The only known software issue that will cause a crash is currently Windows 10 and Nvidia SLI systems , see this thread for info

Thank you. I checked the temp, the CPU heats up to 60` - 61' C when patching and stays that way right until the crash. No spikes, nothing.

You mention the coolers going woosh , which one would think is due to the need for cooling.

Switch to Non streaming per the directions at this link so the bitraider services are no longer needed and see if any change, this is a new game download there is no way around that.

Once your using non streaming the system can be taken to a full clean boot per the directions at this link to ensure there isnt any sort of conflict going on.

If you also press the windows key and type reliability and open the reliability monitor are there any entries regarding the shutdown ?

I did not see this thread when I made mine. But Launcher crashes to the Desktop for me! It was loading fine before the patch too! I'm re-installing the game complete to see if that fixes it. If not, I will cancel my Sub cause I can not play the game at all. Edited by VectorSkywatcher
Error in reading the subject.

Okay it error-ed on me for the last time just now. It did not load the planet my Toon was on at all just standing in black space and he falls to his dead 6 times then CoD again. It says the area I'm in is not loaded or even found when it CoDs . I said already that I would not keep re-installing to fix it either takes too long to long see it fail again. Edited by VectorSkywatcher
Adding more info.

Okay it error-ed on me for the last time just now. It did not load the planet my Toon was on at all just standing in black space and he falls to his dead 6 times then CoD again. It says the area I'm in is not loaded or even found when it CoDs . I said already that I would not keep re-installing to fix it either takes too long to long see it fail again.

Run a game repair per the sticky at the top of this forum (link to sticky)

Ran a game repair ?

The only known software issue that will cause a crash is currently Windows 10 and Nvidia SLI systems , see this thread for info

Actually, I didn't. I had the problem on Belsavis and since leaving that planet, it hasn't happened since. Interestingly enough I am running Windows 10 and SLI. So is the other guy on my raid team with that issue. Neither of us had the problem before 4.6 and not since 4.6a. :rak_02:

Actually, I didn't. I had the problem on Belsavis and since leaving that planet, it hasn't happened since. Interestingly enough I am running Windows 10 and SLI. So is the other guy on my raid team with that issue. Neither of us had the problem before 4.6 and not since 4.6a. :rak_02:

This issue is more pronounced on planets like belsavis due to the grass , hence not surprised when on belsavis it appeared.

The bit Streamer for patching was at fault for mine. I deleted the folder and let it reload and it now works again.

Glad to hear it is sorted , deleting the bitraider folder triggers the same file verification as the sticky I linked in the previous post.