Cathar honor sword in DvL packs

File this thread under "People Will Complain About Anything"... even free stuffs.

First, they are going to make them available in collections, this has been stated several times and it's just a matter of them figuring out a way to get it done.

Also, you want "free unlockable" which, to my knowledge, has never happened with any previous event rewards in any previous events (ie. Containment Officer Gear, Hyrotti Scrapper, etc). Please continue reading to see exactly how petty this demand is.

Second, let's look at your Cathar Honor Sword which first came out in March 2013 in a drop from the Regulator's Contraband Pack. To get it you could:

Back in the Day

• Buy the Regulator Pack/Hypercrate from the Cartel Market and hope you get it. This would cost you real money and/or in-game credits. Then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.
  • Buy it from the GTN for millions of credits, how many in 2013 exactly I do not know. This would cost you in-game credits. Then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.

Currently

• Buy the Regulator Pack/Hypercrate from the Galactic Trade Network and hope you get it. This would cost in-game credits provided you could even find any for sale. Then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.
  • Buy the sword directly from the Galactic Trade Network. This would cost you in-game credits (20million+ on Harbinger as of today). Then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.
  • Get the sword for free during the Light v Dark Event. This would cost you absolutely nothing other than some time playing that you were going to do anyway. Then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.

*It's worth mentioning that you could be patient and get the unlock for 200 Cartel Coins during the 50%-off Collections sales they run from time-to-time.

In my opinion, what you are complaining about is just *smh*. You are very fortunate to be getting a very rare and very popular item for free and then you're upset that you have to pay to unlock it in collections which, if you look at my timeline above, has *always* been the case.

Summary

• Spend real money and/or millions of in-game credits then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.

OR

• Get it for free then pay 400 Cartel Coins to unlock it.

I'm guessing "free" would be the obvious choice which is what ended up happening and now you're complaining about the unlock cost which is absolutely normal... not to mention also the time and patience you would need to do it through the GTN and/or Cartel Market.

*I almost forgot, if you're a subscriber you're getting your 500/600 Cartel Coins each month to do whatever you want with so, in fact, you'd be getting the Cathar Honor Sword 100% free.

Are you also "oh, here's a free Ferrari, you just have to pay $4,000 and we'll not only give it to you but also send identical ones to everyone in your family"?

This non-complaint is just so petty and ridiculous.

TL;DR - All you have to "understand" is that paying a few Cartel Coins to unlock something in Collections has been there since Collections came out. At least here that's all you're paying, you never had to actually buy the Cathar Honor Sword for in-game credits and/or real money. I would love to be in your shoes with a rare item like this.

I know that. Thanks for this detailed post (seriously). But my problem is that for me it is a difference between items you receive in cartel packs you bought and items you worked for. It is a event and when they are not able to give an agent things a agent needs than I am sorry for complaining. On this character it is useless.

Secondly, I am not able to sell that - I knew that. But in my opinion that portrays that even BW made a difference between "real" cartel market stuff and event stuff. I do not understand why they are not BoL. It is not only the sword. I have PARTS of Sith clothes - not lockable in collections because I only have parts. What should a agent do with that stuff? Why do I have to pay for something I earned in doing this event?

Why would anyone want armors in collection now. Just make it BoL and use in outfit designer.

Weapons? They should just add them in outfit designer and slap BoL too.

Forget about collections and slap BoL on stuff.

ITS A REWARD. I EARNED IT. WHY SHOULD I PAY TO USE IT? :mad:

P.S. Got it myself on smuggler. I know your feels.

So that I don't have to make a new character every time I want a spare copy of the armor.

Currently, the BoP sub reward items are retrievable in collections by each character I make - so if I have 20 copies of HK's helmet, I can pull 20 copies from collections with no CC expended. (Why I would want 20 copies, I dunno).

I would vastly prefer if the GSF flight suits were BoP and in collections - I adore the Experimental Flight Suit helmet, and there's no easily-obtainable version of it in-game right now. I am about to use it as the "team helmet" for my trooper, and I'm currently lucky that I have one spare not in use so I can give it to Aric and Elara; and that the other Trooper comps can't wear helmets. Once I get into the equippable KotFE comps (Torian and Kaliyo), I am gonna be mighty annoyed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.