Single Target DPS Potential based on Parsely

Hellhog

I got a little curious today so I decided to spend a few minutes copying and pasting some numbers into excel from Parsely to look at where classes are currently comparing to each other statistically speaking. I thought I'd share my findings with everyone.

Please note that these numbers from parsely are based on a near perfect rotation, a little bit of crit luck, and are purely for single target PvE DPS. They typically reflect a best case scenario. Things will vary in a raid scenario such as mobility/range restrictions, special abilities that deal damage back upon receiving damage, and of course Area of Effect (AoE).

Since 224 gear has been out for over a half a year and no major class changes have occurred recently that would affect a dummy parse, I'd consider it safe to say this is where current classes potential Single Target DPS sit.

I looked at two different ranges of values. All came from the 1.5 mil Dummy since that's where the majority of parses seem to be as well as gives a good idea of sustained damage while allowing burst disciplines multiple opportunities to ramp up. Please note: I recalculated DPS from the TTK instead of from the log itself. First I looked at pure top parses. It's interesting to see what the best parses are for each mirror discipline. In many scenarios though the top parse has first by multiple seconds which in many cases turns out to be a string of lucky crit rates on one or more abilities. So the second thing I did was take the top 15 parses from each set of mirror disciplines and averaged them to get somewhat of a top average parse. It's not perfect since the more played disciplines as well as more parsed disciplines will have a better shot at having a higher overall average but it still paints a decent picture at seeing what people are doing with the class single target wise.

Here's a link to the screenshot of the spreadsheet. (it's an imgur link). It is also typed out below in the spoiler tags.

Top Overall Parses

DPS --- TTK --- Discipline

7542.7 --- 198.9 --- Watchman/Annihilation

7347.4 --- 204.2 --- Carnage/Combat

7289.9 --- 205.8 --- Engineer/Saboteur

7248.6 --- 206.9 --- Virulence/DF

7078.7 --- 211.9 --- IO/AS

6986.0 --- 214.7 --- AP/Tactics

6944.7 --- 216.0 --- Arsenal/Gunnery

6937.7 --- 216.2 --- Lethality/Ruffian

6932.3 --- 216.4 --- Vigilance/Vengeance

6911.3 --- 217.0 --- Concealment/Scrapper

6902.2 --- 217.3 --- Lightning/Telekinetics

6824.5 --- 219.8 --- Madness/Balance

6806.9 --- 220.4 --- Hatred/Serenity

6775.7 --- 221.4 --- Pyrotech/Plasmatech

6768.9 --- 221.6 --- Infiltration/Deception

6571.8 --- 228.2 --- Fury/Concentration

6532.6 --- 229.6 --- MM/SS

6460.7 --- 232.2 --- Rage/Focus

6936.8 --- 216.6 --- MEAN

6921.8 --- 216.7 --- MEDIAN

1082.0 --- 33.3 --- RANGE

Average of Top 15 Parses

DPS --- TTK --- Discipline

7409.6 --- 202.4 --- Watchman/Annihilation

7246.6 --- 207.0 --- Carnage/Combat

7097.3 --- 211.3 --- Virulence/DF

7047.4 --- 212.8 --- Engineer/Saboteur

6924.0 --- 216.6 --- IO/AS

6851.4 --- 218.9 --- Vigilance/Vengeance

6836.1 --- 219.4 --- AP/Tactics

6804.7 --- 220.4 --- Lethality/Ruffian

6774.0 --- 221.4 --- Arsenal/Gunnery

6654.9 --- 225.4 --- Lightning/Telekinetics

6651.3 --- 225.5 --- Madness/Balance

6649.6 --- 225.6 --- Concealment/Scrapper

6649.2 --- 225.6 --- Pyrotech/Plasmatech

6647.6 --- 225.6 --- Infiltration/Deception

6620.5 --- 226.6 --- Hatred/Serenity

6471.5 --- 231.8 --- Fury/Concentration

6360.1 --- 235.8 --- MM/SS

6306.2 --- 237.9 --- Rage/Focus

6777.9 --- 221.7 --- MEAN

6714.4 --- 223.4 --- MEDIAN

1103.4 --- 35.4 --- RANGE

Information current as of July 2nd, 2016.

• 2 months later...
Marauders need a serious buff in 5.0!

Difference to another dps class should be at least 25%.

While I agree the DPS disparity between Marauders and certain other DPS class perhaps is a bit too much, Their place in terms of order is where it should be.

That said, however, the basis of the discontent is ill placed when based on Parsley/Bant's DPS pecking order. The disparities in question, namely the averaged difference in DPS as exists based on dummy parsing is in no way, shape, or form equally such in actually game play [ live raids for example]. The differences between Marauders and other DPS classes in actual play is a far cry less than that you see in dummy parsing. It has been expressed before on multiple occassions and multiple sources that any such rating system based purely on dummy parsing cannot serve as a basis for across the board changes [this is true of any classes in question and there tank, healing equivlents [obviously not based on DPS but rather eHPs, etc]. The actual differences in live raid are the only basis upon which a fair and realistic change can be done without running the very real risk of creating disparities in that sphere [live raids].

Dummy parses measure ceiling level damage potentials [which will not be obtainable under real raid conditions during purely single target encounters because live raid conditions will not allow for the uptime and free flow as exists in the case of dummy parsing]., as well as the skill level between individuals [ as dummy parsing allows for the exact same conditions applying equally to everyone], skill level being somewhat subjective in perception.

Evidence to this point is readily demonstraited by the fact that it is quite possible for a Arsenal Mercenary to out DPS a Annihiliation Marauder on a dummy parse. The fact that an Annihilation marauder has a higher potential DPS ceiling compared to an Arsenal Merc in no way means the Anni mara will always outparse an Aresenal Merc on a dummy. This holds true for live raids as well.

Just because one Carnage Marauder may be able to hit 7.2 or 7.3k, does not mean anyone who plays a Carnage Marauder will be able to hit 7.2k-7.3k [gear/level being equal].

Then extent of the dps differences found on the rating chart is theorticaly possible, but is seldom the case in actual practice,and thus an inaccurate measure of basis for consideration on a broad scale.

Also important to remember is that some top parse are not actually legit. I cant speak for other classes but i know that some sniper parses are ********, either using marksman energy bug (respeccing while in cover in marksman, gives you passive buff in other specs) or other things. That top engi parse for example is complete bs, dunno the details but zahik could tell you what that guy did if necessary.

Also important to remember is that some top parse are not actually legit. I cant speak for other classes but i know that some sniper parses are ********, either using marksman energy bug (respeccing while in cover in marksman, gives you passive buff in other specs) or other things. That top engi parse for example is complete bs, dunno the details but zahik could tell you what that guy did if necessary.

I have heard of this before [in particular about sniper parses]. As far as other classes, while not exactly illegitimate, the use of all class buffs and the catering to one player specifically so they can get the best parse possible. An example of this being a marauder being focus healed by more than one source so that they can ignore 'stupid' damage and to be able to ignore certain raid mechanics they wouldn't otherwise be able to for the express purpose of increasing uptime and thus damage possible. The use of AOE attacks on adds being brought to boss as an additional DPS increase. [this later tactic sometimes is not a good way to increase dps in some instances its the best tactic for clearing certain boss fights and thus not 'cheese'.]. This is generally the case when you see operation boss parses that exceed what would is generally possible ceiling damage levels on a dummy parse [other possible reasons can be damage buffs that are obtained from certain raid mechanics on certain bosses, i.e. Malaphar in TOS, the second to last boss in TFB [having a brain fart moment with his name =]], fabricator droid boss in KP]. This last condition not being 'cheese' either, its simply part of the raid mechanics.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I was talking more about pure dummy parses but yeah. Another thing to remember, besides non legit parses, are abilities that are only used in parses. This is fairly non existent for most classes but all virulence and engineering parses feature roll quite heavily because it does a lot more damage then rapid shots as a filler. This is obviously not something that can be done reliably in ops (i mean you can make it work sometimes on some bosses but not to the degree parsing allows you). For virulence, the roll almost does the same dmg as an uncritted takedown on average which is considerably more then your basic attacks allows for.

I think for for actual raids there's clear tiers for classes.

Tier 1 consisting of mara's, mercs, snipers and pt's.

Tier 2: juggs and sorcs

Tier 3: ops and sins.

If you're good enough (but very few are), you can make any combo work there and it obviously depends on the fight but in general i think the Tier 1 classes are a clear step above the rest.