Abandoning Planet Story Arc Makes It Impossible to Complete

Tofu_Shark

Level 42 Jedi Knight

Server - Jedi Covenant

Mission - Armed and Dangerous

Location - Nar Shaddaa: Upper Promenade, Bareesh's Mercantile Exchange

Companion - Kira Carsen

I was on Nar Shaddaa with my knight. I had logged off after finishing a conversation to begin the next mission in the planet's story arc. I didn't have time to play this week. When I came back, I wanted to hear the conversation again, so I abandoned the arc. When I noticed the icon didn't reappear and the NPC (Ambassador Averdon) gave me a single line when interacting with him, I suspected something was wrong. I went back to the starting NPC (Minister Plennid) and he gives me his line if you're not there at the right time. I am unable to pick up with planet's story arc again.

This is the same bug as the Taris Bonus Series bug. If you've already completed a mission in the series/arc and you reset or abandon it, the entire series/arc is unable to be picked up again and finished. The NPCs either act like you did their missions, picked them up, or aren't supposed to be there.

Please fix this bug already. u_____________u

fraid to say this is Not a bug

Abandon = dont want anymore

Reset = Reset the mission

Abandon was introduced back at the start as people hit the 25 mission limit and wanted a way to delete missions they no longer wanted to do and they had no way to delete them.

Whilst most missions are re-acquitable , side quests etc you can abandon and re-acquire for example, however the main planetary arcs are the ones to never abandon if you want to do them. Class, Dailies, weeklies and Space Combat missions are safe to abandon.

See this thread link from 2012 and the yellow post bit

The thing is, this is not a bug. You receive a warning before abandoning World story missions to state that you may will not be able to pick it up again once abandoned. The only time we have advised to abandon a mission is when it relates to a class mission, as it is possible to reacquire these at any time after the have been dropped.

I am sorry to say but it will not be possible to restore this mission for you. I understand this must be frustrating to hear but as I said a warning is given in advance of abandoning any world mission before it can be abandoned.

And

I will try my best to answer your other questions; The mission chain that leads you through each section of a given planet are the main ones not to abandon. The best way to describe these would be like the planet story rather than your class story. Dailies, weeklies and Space Combat missions are safe to abandon as you will always be able to pick these up again.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Thank you for having the information readily available.

This is ridiculous. If it was going to be this way, then the warning should say you "will not" not "may not" be able to take up the mission later. That is a gross oversight in something as story-driven as this. Those world story arcs add to the story...otherwise they wouldn't be called story arcs. I have never even seen an option to abandon a class mission. Most of the time, you can't even reset them. The developer really needs to get the point across that you will not be able to pick up world missions/bonus series again...ever.

That post should be stickied for everyone to see.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 5 months later...
Thank you for having the information readily available.

This is ridiculous. If it was going to be this way, then the warning should say you "will not" not "may not" be able to take up the mission later. .

I absolutely agree, it is irresponsible of BW to phrase it "May not" when it is really "Will not". It is confusing to players to see a may not, as it implies that it may be possible. I almost got caught today, I wanted to do a mission for the Gree Initiative event that takes you to multiple planets in search of Gree droids. My toon had not yet been to several of these and for Quesh and Hoth it requires you to speak to the planet mission giver in order to access the planet. Now, I have two missions on my list that I cannot do yet because I have not reached that point in my Class story arc. Fortunately, I sought out information before dropping the quest and discovered that if I drop them, I can never pick them back up again. So I am not, but BW needs to rephrase the warning so that others are not caught due to BW's phraseology.

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting, I would think an event-based mission would be able to be picked up again at the worst, during the next event cycle. I've picked up that mission before from the droid on Gray Secant, but then dropped it. I believe I was able to talk to him again and pick it up. I hadn't started it yet though nor left Grey Secant. Did you start finding the droids before trying to drop it? That might have something to do with it. Maybe you can't drop and pickup a mission again that you've partially progressed? Still stupid, if you ask me.