Selectively Missing Missions?

Keraejis

I've started a Sith Warrior for the L/D contest and am finding some possible problems.

Beginning on Korriban, I'm finding some planetside missions either removed or locked as I am unable to acquire them. The NPCs or objects are there, just not the mission notification or the dialogue.

The first one I noticed was the datapad outside the Sith who is experimenting on the sith hound brains. I was not able to acquire this mission. I thought I might be too low so I waited a few levels and still could not acquire it. The datapad is still there and clickable but nothing happens.

The second one I noticed was the alien in the last tomb. There was a mission to feed him. I was able to click on him but only got the NPC normal dialogue.

I was sure there were more missions on Korriban than I actually completed and ran around everywhere looking for them to no avail.

Next I get to Dromund Kass and the first thing I notice is, coming out of the space port, the mission to fix the electronics on the four (?) towers is missing. I noticed another player doing this mission at the time but I could not acquire it.

Minder Twenty at the entrance to Dromund Kaas used to give a package delivery mission. He is there but the mission is not.

I realize the L/D contest doesn't dictate how we level up and therefore most will probably just do Heroics and Flashpoints but some of us are actually taking advantage and playing out the planetside stories. Or is this an attempt to slow down leveling by omitting some of the missions. On the other hand, I saw another player doing the first one on Dromund Kaas while I stood there trying to figure out why I couldn't acquire it.

Edit: Just found that it's the same case with the missions when you exit Dromund Kaas and head east over the hill. This mission sends you down into a ravine type area below a waterfall to destroy stolen gear or something from rebels.

Are these actually gone or is there a bug?

Edit2: Was just informed in game that I have to have the checkbox on the map for exploration missions checked. This is a bit ridiculous in it's function. If there is a mission there and the box is not checked I understand that it won't show up on the map or over their head, but if I go up and talk to them, I should still be able to start the mission. Unchecked, this box turns off the entire mission and apparently is unchecked by default. This needs fixed please.

Edited by Keraejis