Victorious Pioneer set has no Armoring Slot - Working as Intended?

BenKatarn

I think its intentional. The armor pieces by themselves have set bonuses which give you exp boosts so maybe the devs removed the armoring slots, since end game raid gear has set pieces tied to the armorings. By adding 2 different set bonuses this way to an armor peice, it could probably cause all sorts of problems.

At least thats what I think. But on the bright side, the armor pieces themselves have pretty beefy armor rating anyway so it can be overlooked. Just use the armor for leveling alts not for endgame.:p

• 2 weeks later...
But on the bright side, the armor pieces themselves have pretty beefy armor rating anyway so it can be overlooked. Just use the armor for leveling alts not for endgame.:p

"Pretty beefy" is overstating things. The Victorious Pioneer's Chestpiece, worn by my 52 Juggernaut, gives 788 armor. A random moddable chesttpiece, with a blue Versatile Armoring 29 in it, is 909 armor. That's 121 points less armor. With a blue Lethal Mod 29A and blue Adept Mod 29, the Versatile Pioneer's Chestpiece gives 110 Mastery, 128 Endurance, 60 Power, and 58 Critical. Backing out the slotted mods, that gives the base unslotted piece 48 Mastery and 51 Endurance. Compare that to thtte 65 Mastery, 54 Endurance that you get from a blue Versatile Armoring 29, and you see that you're getting about the same stats for armor as you'd get out of a green armoring. Of course, this auto-levels with the character, so you're not going to have as much of an overhead to keep it slotted as you would with regular armor pieces.

"Pretty beefy" is overstating things. The Victorious Pioneer's Chestpiece, worn by my 52 Juggernaut, gives 788 armor. A random moddable chesttpiece, with a blue Versatile Armoring 29 in it, is 909 armor. That's 121 points less armor. With a blue Lethal Mod 29A and blue Adept Mod 29, the Versatile Pioneer's Chestpiece gives 110 Mastery, 128 Endurance, 60 Power, and 58 Critical. Backing out the slotted mods, that gives the base unslotted piece 48 Mastery and 51 Endurance. Compare that to thtte 65 Mastery, 54 Endurance that you get from a blue Versatile Armoring 29, and you see that you're getting about the same stats for armor as you'd get out of a green armoring. Of course, this auto-levels with the character, so you're not going to have as much of an overhead to keep it slotted as you would with regular armor pieces.

Not like it even matters i've almost leveled all 8 to 50 without even modding any of the armour. Why? because it doesn't matter when you PvP or do flashpoints you get bolstered to level 65 which is in my opinion the best way to level especially with PvP daily & weekly giving 150k xp per mission..