Random freeze/graphics error on Lenovo Y510P Win 8

TheDuge

So I had this problem for a while and it is starting to get really annoying, since I can't play the game properly. It's kinda hard to describe it exactly without screenshots (I'll try to provide a few if needed). This mostly happens in operations, warzones and in the eternal championships. After I play the game for about 30 minutes the screen turns black or at least some part of it and it behaves like slideshow. Some parts of the screen may turn black and some may stay, for example sometimes the background is there, sometimes parts of the UI stay and others don't, sometimes the screen completely goes black. The game and the laptop doesn't crash though and I don't DC, I can still move around and attack, use abilities, but like I said the game becomes a very slow slideshow with parts of the screen missing. The only way to fix it so far is to ALT+F4 and restart the game. Whenever I do an ops run or try to finish the eternal championship it's bound to happen. A few days ago I couldn't finish a DP SM run, because this would happen on every boss at least once.

Here are the important specs I have

Lenovo Y510P with 120 GB SSD (game runs from this)

Windows 8 64bit

i7-4700MQ @2.4GHz processor

8 GB RAM

2 x GeForce GT 750M

I know how to google, so I tried to read a lot about this problem actually and I tried a lot of proposed solutions, but none of them worked so far. Here are the things I tried:

1. Reinstalling video card drivers. Not installing GeForce experience, only drivers. Running GeForce experience in debug mode. Turning SLI off completely.

2. I read somewhere that I should turn off the grass completely as that somehow causes errors on this video card, but it didn't help. I also tried running the game on minimal settings.

3. It is not an overheating issue, I checked that.

4. There is no spike in processor or memory usage when the error happens, like I said the laptop doesn't crash and other programs continue to run like normal.

5. I tried running a command prompt in administrator mode and typing "sfc /scannow" and after it finished doing "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth". Didn't help.

6. I disabled LPM (Link Power Management) in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program as I read that it helped a lot of people.

I really could use some help, I can play the single player content and the error doesn't seem to happen on planets while doing normal quests. But the moment I enter an ops, wz or flashpoint it will surely happen.

Edit: There was a customer service forum a while ago but I can't find that now. In case I should post this somewhere else please tell me where.

Edited by TheDuge

There is EA Answers HQ (Link)

Initially run a game repair

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Try a roll back to driver version 362.00 as well if the repair has no change

other then that I would be rechecking temps off hand.