Bugged Vector romance?

ScumbagFeli

Hello!

Recently I came back to playing SWTOR after over 1-2 years of pause. I had an Imperial Agent character left on level 33, and I decided to play her again.

And I think Vector's romance path has bugged somehow? I remember I used to flirt a lot with him and gained lots of influence, but now when I came back to the game, he has nothing to say nor reacts to me flirting with other characters. As if nothing ever happened. I am already in Chapter 2, I went through Taris, Quesh, and currently I'm in the middle of Hoth, and nothing changed. Which is even weirder to me, because Kaliyo had two missions for me to do in the same time. I don't know if I can progress further to Chapter 3 without losing chance to continue romance.

Has anyone encountered such problem? Or did the romance system change and I need to wait for something?

Companion stories, with or without romance, have changed slightly. They were formerly gated mostly by Affection, with some missions gated by chapter-level advancement (in the 2.X days, I finished Elara's story on my trooperette main in back-to-back conversations when Chapter Three opened, because my Affection with her was within a gnat's whisker of max).

Now, they are gated strictly by advancement in your main story. If you advanced Vector's romance (by opening the Affection gates) beyond the level it should be at on your current planet, you'll have to wait until you catch up.

The most important point: Influence (replaces Affection) has NO effect on companion story progression.

Only the first companion you get, like Kalyo, Corso, etc. will have the extended mission lines. Also, Vector does not appear to be the jealous type, maybe due to his joiner status. Just continue to flirt when the options arise and you will be fine.