Proposal to amend the profession slicing

vecnysamotar

slicing, while a good profession in relation to acquisition credits but they can be obtained in other ways.

But is slicing gathering profession, and in any gathering profession can be obtained free collection materials thus excluding slicing. Slicing the raw materials can be obtained only through mission error what I thought, struck me as rather than slicing Mission profession.

It would be great either add to containers which are traded freely located around the world and materials which can be obtained only through a mission or slicing moves to the mission of the profession and instead created a new profession through which could be gather resources free collection to the world, for thus it is slicing is actually unnecessary profession thus excluding those credits

Firstly you might want to go over your OP, the grammar is atrocious (took me three readings to get what you were trying to suggest). I apologize ahead of time if English is not your primary language.

Now on to that suggestion: slicing has always been a "hybrid" crew skill - it has gathering nodes like a gathering skill, but the materials are only available by running missions. Your suggestion to add sliced parts containers to the nodes, opens a Pandora's Box because if sliced parts can be acquired through nodes then why not add, Underworld Trading, and Diplomacy, and Treasure Hunting, and Investigation "nodes" so that one can "gather" those materials as well? I'll tell you why....They are a credits sink; you have to spend credits to get those materials and those credits go out of the system. We need MORE credit sinks not fewer.

Edited by psandak

Firstly you might want to go over your OP, the grammar is atrocious (took me three readings to get what you were trying to suggest). I apologize ahead of time if English is not your primary language.

since I do not speak English so I use tranlator and therefore it is also disordered

it to the Language Note

Now for the response to my proposal

I suggested therefore that gave slicing belongs to a group gathering professions and not mission which is a big difference.

Gathering type professions have two options for obtaining raw materials through free picking missions and unlike professions type of mission. Mission professions have the option of purchasing raw materials only through missions and there are mentioned professions (Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, Investigation)

since I do not speak English so I use tranlator and therefore it is also disordered

it to the Language Note

Now for the response to my proposal

I suggested therefore that gave slicing belongs to a group gathering professions and not mission which is a big difference.

Gathering type professions have two options for obtaining raw materials through free picking missions and unlike professions type of mission. Mission professions have the option of purchasing raw materials only through missions and there are mentioned professions (Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, Investigation)

So what you want is for slicing to be shifted from hybrid (a mixture of gathering and mission) to be fully gathering. My question is what is your motivation for this suggestion? Are you looking for a way to acquire slicing materials "for free"?

Well my advice to you would be to think more globally. While your suggestion would be wonderful for an individual, it would be a disaster for the system as a whole; If one person can gather slicing materials, then everyone can gather slicing materials. This would depress the value of those materials. Regardless of whether you are looking to profit or save credits from your suggestion, the value of materials matters.

I go back to it so often because it is such a great example of what happens when supply of a crafting material is increased even by a modest amount: World of Warcraft Frost Lotus.

Frost Lotus was a rare gathered material used in the alchemy profession. It was used to make flasks (in SWTOR terms it was the purple material used to create stims). Someone gathering other alchemical materials had a 5% chance to get a Frost Lotus as well. This low chance of acquisition meant that the material itself had very high value - 80 to 100 gold (SWTOR terms roughly 80,000 to 100,000 credits each) and the flasks that were crafted with the material were value 20% to 40% above that.

Since the inception of Frost Lotus players demanded a higher rate of acquisition and/or a way to acquire the material through a Non-Player Character (NPC) vendor. Well, those players eventually got their wish. The rate of acquisition was increased from 5% to 7.5% and a vendor was introduced where one could trade a "Frozen Orb" (in current SWTOR terms: an Exotic Isotope Stabilizer although far more common) for one Frost Lotus.

Frost Lotus value declined rapidly, going from 80 to 100 gold each to 5 to 10 gold each and the value of the crafted flasks declined just as precipitously.

Is this what you are hoping for with suggesting slicing materials be gathered? Because that is what will happen if what you suggest comes to pass.

poorly understood me. My suggestion is that that only added ingredients in to deposits where so far only collected Credits because of one reason and that the slicing is gathering profession and not Mission profession and as I wrote all gathering professions have the option of purchasing raw materials free picking only slicing is the exception, that is, if we take the rule that there are two categories of extraction of raw materials, namely: gathering and mission. Slicing is categorized gathering, not mission

And you are misunderstanding me. I stated that slicing is a hybird/combination gathering and mission skill. Slicing is either, neither, and both. It is unique. It falls into both gathering and mission skill categories in that yes there are nodes to be gathered, but the materials are mission skill materials.

Look at it another way:

• ALL gathering skill materials are premium/green quality
  • ALL mission skill materials are either prototype/blue (common variety) or artifact/purple (rare variety) quality

Slicing materials are blue and purple therefore they are classified as Mission skill materials and therefore can and should only be acquired by running missions.

You will also notice that ALL slicing gathering node lockboxes are green quality while the lockbox missions generate blue quality lockboxes.

The quality of the result is what delineates gathering versus mission NOT the fact that there are "nodes" in the field.

But my question remains unanswered: what is your motivation behind this request?

Edited by psandak

but only the possibility of collecting resources by gathering, actually crossed my mind when I'm on the web looking professions and categories and slicing been anywhere where I watched ranked as gathering what struck me because in my opinion would sliccing since the classification as a gathering should be able sourcing of raw materials free collection

but only the possibility of collecting resources by gathering, actually crossed my mind when I'm on the web looking professions and categories and slicing been anywhere where I watched ranked as gathering what struck me because in my opinion would sliccing since the classification as a gathering should be able sourcing of raw materials free collection

And you have the right to that opinion. And I am saying that BioWare has a different opinion and theirs is what matters. I am simply trying to explain to you the reason why your suggestion won't work.