The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alt companions as a special Cartel Market companion type?

Now that BioWare's started adding non-interactable (or limited-interactivity) companions, I'm wondering if this is actually possible now: setting up a special Cartel Market companion that can be set to appear as one of a player's other characters on the same server.

I'm not sure on the tech side of things, so I'm not sure which ideas would be the most possible. However, here's what I think could be some possibilities for it.

• Through some option, either while the companion is away or when it's being called, there could be some kind of menu to select which of a player's other characters on the same server to summon a version of.
  • Abilities of the companion would be determined by character data on advanced class and spec of the selected character. As such, abilities can be selected and fine tuned for balance on a companion.
  • Equipment, if possible, may pull appearance from character data as well, and not be able to be changed aside from helmet toggle and maybe appearance sets (from the selected character), without switching to the character in question and changing their gear manually.

However, instead of being made a platinum drop from a pack, I would much rather this be a direct purchase (ha ha fat chance) directly in the Cartel Market or Legacy. I would think it would be much more fitting, considering the current Legacy system.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Guild Wars 1 had this feature. It was called "Mercenary Heroes", and let you stamp the current appearance and name of one of your max-level characters on a blank "Hero". Like all Heroes (similar to companions, but with up to 3 - later 7 - from any one player in a group), they had level-specific armour, but had to be equipped with weapons and armour mods.

The details of the implementation made them more than somewhat OP for sub-max characters that used them, since the Mercenary Hero was always level 20 (max), even if the character was, say, level 5. It made clearing the Plains of Jarin outside Kamadan ridiculously easy.

It would be interesting, just have the carbon shell of someone from your legacy, put it on the CC market for 1000-2000CC and its a carbon shell in image of what that specific character its linked to is currently wearing (weapon style is the same as class.) and they could make it class based for easier programming like smuggler shell companion linked to your smuggler in your legacy, of your choice. Thats just my thoughts though.