The Consular is canonically male.

Swedguy

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barsen'thor_(Galactic_War)#Character_identity_and_customization

The 2012 reference book Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia included a two-page summary of the Consular storyline, accompanied by several screenshots. One image served to illustrate the Consular fighting Flesh Raiders on Tython. The Consular was depicted as a Human female, wielding a double-bladed lightsaber, which is used by the Jedi Shadow advanced class. Another image depicted the Consular as a Twi'lek during the confrontation with Lord Vivicar, and the third one depicted the Barsen'thor during a meeting with the Rift Alliance, wearing full armor with facial features fully obscured.[56] One of the writers of the Encyclopedia, Hall Hood, stated via Twitter that the images were not meant to be taken as canon, and that "canonical" character identities were determined by each individual player.[176] In 2015, however, his later statement was contradicted with the publication of Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook, a supplement for the Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars roleplaying game. The guide addressed the Barsen'thor as a "he," establishing his gender as a male. The Rulebook also established that the tomb belonging to a previously unidentified Jedi in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, was, in fact, the resting place of the Barsen'thor. It therefore retconned the character's first mention in the Star Wars Legends continuity to have been the Jedi Academy game.[1]

Notice how the article states the character's first mention in the EU was retconned from being in the Jedi Academy game. Do they mean in terms of continuity or just IRL?

Edited by Swedguy

Notice how the article states the character's first mention in the EU was retconned from being in the Jedi Academy game. Do they mean in terms of continuity or just IRL?

Both, strictly speaking.

But there also isn't any conflict going on here. Barsen'thor is a title, not a person. It's rarely bestowed, but more than one Jedi has worn it. That's like saying there is only one Prime Minster, ever.

Both, strictly speaking.

But there also isn't any conflict going on here. Barsen'thor is a title, not a person. It's rarely bestowed, but more than one Jedi has worn it. That's like saying there is only one Prime Minster, ever.

Didn't they make it clear that it was the Third Barsen'thor?

Revan is also male, yet my revan was female

My sage, warrior, and hunter are also female

Regardless of other peoples canon my canon

is the only canon that matters in my storyline.

Thus the canon Consular is a female togruta in her late teens

Who is 100% lightsided and occasionally confuses people with her book-speak

Revan is also male, yet my revan was female

My sage, warrior, and hunter are also female

Regardless of other peoples canon my canon

is the only canon that matters in my storyline.

Thus the canon Consular is a female togruta in her late teens

Who is 100% lightsided and occasionally confuses people with her book-speak

Exactly! I still don't (and never will) accept that generic emo dude that I gladly killed in SoR as the real Revan.

I didn't think they had an official canon and with the disney takeover it doesnt really matter since the game is no longer "canon" anyway.

That being said if they ever did make it canon my vote would be for the consular to be female. Mostly because the female voice actor for the consular is awesome. The JK being male has my vote for the same reason lol. But yeah what matters in the game is how you view the character.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barsen'thor_(Galactic_War)#Character_identity_and_customization

The 2012 reference book Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia included a two-page summary of the Consular storyline, accompanied by several screenshots. One image served to illustrate the Consular fighting Flesh Raiders on Tython. The Consular was depicted as a Human female, wielding a double-bladed lightsaber, which is used by the Jedi Shadow advanced class. Another image depicted the Consular as a Twi'lek during the confrontation with Lord Vivicar, and the third one depicted the Barsen'thor during a meeting with the Rift Alliance, wearing full armor with facial features fully obscured.[56] One of the writers of the Encyclopedia, Hall Hood, stated via Twitter that the images were not meant to be taken as canon, and that "canonical" character identities were determined by each individual player.[176] In 2015, however, his later statement was contradicted with the publication of Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook, a supplement for the Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars roleplaying game. The guide addressed the Barsen'thor as a "he," establishing his gender as a male. The Rulebook also established that the tomb belonging to a previously unidentified Jedi in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, was, in fact, the resting place of the Barsen'thor. It therefore retconned the character's first mention in the Star Wars Legends continuity to have been the Jedi Academy game.[1]

Doesn't count.