Website Log-in Times Out Too Fast

Tofu_Shark

Am I the only one affected by this? I'll log-in to the site, write a forum post, and when I'm ready to submit my post (approximately five or more minutes later) I'll get a page that says I'm not logged-in. Now if I click Log-in, I get taken to the My Account main page or sometimes, it asks me to log-in. My username doesn't show at the top, until I'm taken to the My Account page...even if I don't sign-in again. If I navigate back to the forum to post or have it open in another tab and hit Post New Thread, I'll get the Not Logged-in page again. It seems the only way to ensure I don't have to go through this is to force a log-out by navigating to the previous page when I get the Not Logged-in page, then signing-in again. This is very annoying and frustrating to deal with. Please extend the user session timeouts to something more reasonable, like 15 minutes.

Doesn't sound right. I know I've not logged out on my laptop, come back the next day to the forums and am still logged in to the forums.

My Account requires a separate login but that happens after every time you view it. The account side is Drupal while the forums are vBulletin. They're pretty much separate.

A quick looksee at the stored cookie for the forums shows a 3 month time period.

Edited by dr_mike