The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add unlimited ignore list unlock

Stop /ignoring spammers, it's a waste of time, energy, and space. Just right-click and "report spam" and then go about your activities.

Why?

Cuz they are always gone the next day so filling up your /ignore list is a complete waste. Not only have you taken time to /ignore them now you have to remove them one-by-one to free up space wasting even more time.

TL;DR - Spammers are gone the next day and out of your hair, don't waste your time and energy /ignoring them.

Why would you need an unlimited ignore list?

Doesn't like the Jawa movie title game?

edit: nvm. Let's just say I'd rather not read discussion from folks who would be arrested and jailed for what they wrote if they did it any where else.

Edited by dr_mike

I disagree.

For the last week I tracked credit farmers on Harbinger playing ~3 hours/day and here is evidence to support my position on not wasting your time adding them to your /ignore list:

SWTOR Farmers

• Each farmer was right-clicked and "report spam"
  • Each farmer was then put into my /friend list
  • The date for each farmer was entered in the comment field for tracking purposes
  • Most farmers are unique jumbles of letters but a few had just the last few letters changed (ie. Abcdefg to Abcdegf)
  • These similar jumbles can certainly make it *look* like it's the same farmer there every day but it's not
  • Each farmer averaged Level 11
  • Not a single farmer I tracked has come back

As you can see, spam-reporting works, they are squelched, but the speed this happens depends entirely on how quickly enough of us right-click and "report spam". I don't know how many of us it actually takes to activate the squelch but it *does* work.

Don't waste any more time than you have to on these guys.

Just right-click and "report spam" and move on.

They are squelched quickly and never return so all you're doing is making more work for yourself by having to purge your /ignore list one-by-one and causing yourself additional stress that can be entirely avoided. I'd also wager that having an unlimited /ignore list will slow things down and only get worse the more names you /ignore.

Anyway, I hope this little bit of info and understanding helps some people out and makes playing a little more enjoyable.

TL;DR - Don't /ignore credit farmers, just "report spam" and move on, you'll be happier and less stressed.