The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Master transfer and sub guild to F2P guild question

LADetective

My friends and I started a small guild that consists of us and another person that we befriended but do not know that well yet. I am currently the only one out of my 3 friends with a subscription, and when I learned that the guild would be given away to whoever in the guild was still a sub, I became worried. I then learned that I could just give the guild to my friend and then he could give it back, but if we invited any subs to the guild, it would be given to that person. This kind of makes my friends and I scared to invite people in the event that my subscription runs out and I can't afford to renew it. Is there a way to guarantee that the guild master stance stays within us 3?

I also have a question about the inviting itself. When my friend invited one of my alts to the guild, it automatically put that character into the rank with the most people, which is our "Leader Alts" rank, instead of the recruit rank. Is this because this character is part of my legacy or is it because that is where recruits go? If it is where they go how do I change it so that new people only go to the recruit rank?

My friends and I started a small guild that consists of us and another person that we befriended but do not know that well yet. I am currently the only one out of my 3 friends with a subscription, and when I learned that the guild would be given away to whoever in the guild was still a sub, I became worried. I then learned that I could just give the guild to my friend and then he could give it back, but if we invited any subs to the guild, it would be given to that person. This kind of makes my friends and I scared to invite people in the event that my subscription runs out and I can't afford to renew it. Is there a way to guarantee that the guild master stance stays within us 3?

Don't invite anyone who is a subscriber, and kick anyone outside you three who becomes a subscriber, and hope that nobody *secretly* subscribes (i.e. without telling you and without ever doing anything that only subscribers can do). That's all you can do. If a guild has at least one subscriber as a member, the leader must be a subscriber, and that's that.

But couldn't I just give the guild to a friend after my subscription runs out and have them give it back? I hate the fact that the guild that I create and put my time into is just going to be reaped from me because I didn't have enough money to shove into Bioware's face. Are there any other prevention tactics I can do without having to completely remove everyone from my guild that I don't trust enough to give it back to me?

But couldn't I just give the guild to a friend after my subscription runs out and have them give it back? I hate the fact that the guild that I create and put my time into is just going to be reaped from me because I didn't have enough money to shove into Bioware's face. Are there any other prevention tactics I can do without having to completely remove everyone from my guild that I don't trust enough to give it back to me?

If the guild has a subscriber in it other than you, then as soon as your subscription runs out, the guild leader position passes to the subscriber, *immediately*. If neither you nor your friends are subscribers, but someone else is, they get that position. If they don't feel like giving it back, that's it, you're out of luck (and quite possibly out of the guild as well).

If there are several (i.e. more than one) candidates, there is a well-defined order in which the game will assign the position of leader, something like highest guild rank first, then most recent login if there are two or more candidates at the same rank.

Or it might just be the next subscriber who logs in.

I've never been in that position.

But to answer the question more succinctly: the only two ways are to purge all people you don't trust, or to make sure at least one trusted person is a subscriber actively playing. And if you have to take a break, explicitly hand it to a trusted guardian before your subscription ends so that it definitely goes to the right person. If there is no subscribed trusted guardian, then keep your subscription or purge untrusted people.