cannot log in after changing graphics/resolution settings.

xXplosivXx

I changed my settings in the graphics options a few days ago and have since not been able to log back in, when I changed them I clicked the wrong settings, and then was disconnected and have not been able to log back in, I have completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to still have the same issue of the game opening in the resolution that I accidently selected only to have it freeze and ultimately crash each time. It also changes the resolution to my desktop to 800x600, not sure if this is the setting I clicked in game, because I cannot log back into the game. Is there any fix to this? Edited by xXplosivXx

Yea this has happened to me a few times its annoying. I ended up having to directly adjust the resolution from the swtor app data folder. It'll say height and width and I bet the numbers are either way too low or vice versa. Just enter in your desired resolution be careful not to mess with anything else in the folder you can Google specific instructions on how to access it its not very complicated. I'd send you a link but I'm on my phone and it's simply too tedious hehe

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

NativeHeight = X

NativeWidth = Y

You can also just delete the file (or move it out of that folder). Doing so will force the game to recreate the file. This does reset SWTOR to default visual and audio settings though, but those are not tough to change in game.

Edited by psandak

OK, I have found the folder and deleted it and now its working as it should. Weird too because the swtor settings said 1080x1920 but was putting the game in 800x600 as well as my desktop. Thanks for the help guys, gonna be sure to bookmark this incase it ever happens again. :D:D:D:D