Yet another game stopping bug in KOTFE.

Poaxath

My quest is completely ruined and broken.

So it started after I picked up the alliance contact quest and did enough arena matches to reach the requirement to recruit Bowdaar. After talking to Bowdaar, he tells me to meet him outside of the arena, which I do. at this point, Bowdaar is in my contatcs.

Image 1

Here we see Bowdaar outside the arena, ready to progress the mission.

Image 2

After speaking with Bowdaar and selected "Let's go!", he disappears. Gone. Vanished. Not at the cantina, not in my contacts list, nowhere. He is not summonable, he is not findable, he cannot be fast-traveled to. The quest however, says to meet him inside the arena...so he must be inside, right?

Image 3

Wrong. Inside, waiting for me, is Round 1 of the Mayhem/Arena. Notice, I had no such quest in my log. Notice how now suddenly, Bowdaar is a summonable companion. If I leave the aerna, he is gone again, into thin air, and off my contatcs list again. There is no phase to reset, and the "Mayhem in the Arena" quest vanishes as well.

Image 4

Image 4

My only choice left is to fight and see what happens...so we kill the Round 1 boss and her droids.

Image 5

But naturally, since the instance is stuck in some moronic repeating loop from one of the cyclic tracks of Hell, the mission terminal to end the arena quest it not lit up. Nothing in this instance actually functions. If we click the terminal manually... Yeeeeeeeeeay, we get to do round 1, AGAIN. And again. And again.

Image 6

Image 6

Of course, as soon as I leave, so does Bowdaar. If I trash the entire quest, the instance portal "shield" goes from purple to yellow, proving there are no active quests set that would even trigger the Mayhem in the Arena questline.

So there is no way to complete this mission. I have tried this on multiple computers, and trashed the quest and restarted several times. What gives?

Edited by Poaxath

I tried to reproduce what you have and can't. The behavior is definitely odd. If you abandoned the alliance alert at some point that may have screwed with the triggers for the EC room, but I don't know. That sucks. The good news is it's not actually game stopping. Bowdaar has zero impact beyond being another companion skin for now. I'd just table it and go do something else at least until BW acknowledges the issue.

Were you able to repeat this on any other toons? I doubt it has anything to do with your hardware.

If I understand the timeline correctly:

You talked to Bowdaar, he said he needs your help with EC

You then talked to the promoter

Which led you to the mission terminal

Where you picked up the solo EC mission

You beat all 10 rounds of EC

Went back to Bowdaar and he says to meet him for practice

Talked to him outside the arena, said lets go, he vanishes (has for all my toons)

Entered arena (without the solo EC mission)

And the first round of EC started instead of the trio of trash droids, and you suddenly had the solo EC mission, but Bowdaar was there to help as your auto companion

Then once you beat the first round, the terminal wouldn't let you start the second and bowdaars mission didn't advance either

---

Did you try to reset bowdaars quest instead of abandoning it?

Also, I know you can leave the arena when the gate is yellow. Can you enter it while it is yellow?

Will the EC progress if you don't talk to Bowdaar again and pick up the solo EC mission?

Edited by Nothing_Shines