Courting gifts ain't bugged, instead the Romance Flags probably are

Hiib

During my recent gift feeding to Andronikus on my female SI (who started a romance with him) I noticed that he doesn't gain as much affection from Luxury, UW Goods and Military Goods like he should.

Andronikus is one of the few companions who change their gifts preferences when romanced.

This leads me to believe that some of the Romance Flags in the Game aren't set properly.

It could be useful to take a look into them, because Courting gifts work perfectly fine on Doc ( he always loves them).

The cynic in me always said that broken Courting gifts were ignored for 7 months was so they wouldn't visually confirm all the mistakenly broken romance flags, but I think this has more to do with the gift preference revamp they did a while back.

They made the changes because some companions had no top value gift at all, like Ashara. When they did this they changed what was best for some folks. HK-51 used to love Weapons, now he likes Military best, etc.

I no longer have my pre-change list but my post-change list beside me has Weapon as the best bang for buck with Andy. Doc gets the most points from Luxury and Courting, regardless of relationship status.

Edited by docbenwayddo

I actually had the opposite problem with the Jedi Consular and Nadia Grell.

I never really used Nadia unless she was plot-essential and I was always polite, but I never flirted at all, and her romance flag kicked into full gear.