good luck with swtor ea

draxcil

im quitting playing this game after 20 years programming and what not with the weapon tuning you just enabled in game well nice **** up deleing all toons and not ever coming back thanks for the 5 years of the ********

im quitting playing this game after 20 years programming and what not with the weapon tuning you just enabled in game well nice **** up deleing all toons and not ever coming back thanks for the 5 years of the ********

I understand that you can be angry at the game, but raging on the forums doesn't help, and at least say why your quitting and what they can improve, and more importantly, don't delete your toons. One day you may want to come back to SWTOR, and you may be turned away from starting all over, just walk away, uninstall if you want, and move onto something else. I think it would be best to keep it installed as a reminder SWTOR is always available if you want to return, and perhaps to bring good memories back to encourage you to return.

EDIT- I was hoping for a actual reason to quit more than weapon tuning... but jeez.... I realize I don't want the player base to get smaller or to chase other players off... but all this over weapon tuning?

Edited by peter_plankskull

What exactly is rage-quit inducing about the weapon tuning? Have I missed something?

EDIT: Nevermind...just read the general forum. So some are mad about drop rates being low. That was unexpected, how?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I can't see myself ever paying 10-20 mil for one tuning, (double that for a dual wield character), let alone doing it for every character I have, but rage-quitting because of it is a tad overkill.

I can't see myself ever paying 10-20 mil for one tuning, (double that for a dual wield character), let alone doing it for every character I have, but rage-quitting because of it is a tad overkill.

If the OP is like most of the others who created rage quit threads over drop rates, he's angry because he dropped X amount of money buying hypercrates and didn't get the item he wanted.

Some people think that if they keep dropping money on hypercrates their odds of getting a rare drop increase, when that's just not true at all. If the drop rate is 2%, it is always 2% for each pack no matter how many you buy.

If the OP is like most of the others who created rage quit threads over drop rates, he's angry because he dropped X amount of money buying hypercrates and didn't get the item he wanted.

Some people think that if they keep dropping money on hypercrates their odds of getting a rare drop increase, when that's just not true at all. If the drop rate is 2%, it is always 2% for each pack no matter how many you buy.

Statistics is probably the most misunderstood branch of math. Pretty much the source of every "gambling packs are rip-off" threads out there.

Don't quit, just drop another $100 on hypercrates. I'm sure you'll get it this time. If you don't, just wait a bit and drop another $100... or maybe use one of the many ways of farming credits there are then just buy it off GTN.

I have to say it, I just have to say it!

CAN I HAVE YOUR SWTOR STUFF? Hmm? PLEASE, OH PRETTY PLEASE, HUH?

I don't get this thread. How can someone be mad at Bioware, who have been capping items through low drop rates in the Cartel Market since its initial release, when they spend money on the Cartel Market on crates of any kind.

And over a garbo little lightning visual effect to boot.

You guys do know that he won't quit or delete his characters right? He is just here to get attention and try to get the devs to up the droprate.

Because, as we know very well, complaining gets noticed while feedback gets burried in hate.

I love these guys who think the game is all about them, they are the only ones who are important. And if the game doesn't do EXACTLY what they want it's crap and the wold is ending because they didn't get what they want and bioware is crap!

I do have to admit, that does tickle me.

I don't even know where to start. The first part of 20 years programming which makes absolutely no sense or the rant of threatening to quit over cosmetic garbage, lol are you 12?

toon deletion is not recommended.

You're going to have a tough time with the garbage mashers on the detention level.

You know those weapon tunings will drop in price in 2-4 months from the price will be about 1/2 - 1/3 what they are selling now. I bought the Unstable saber for 37-38 mil and dual saber for 17-18mil and now they are selling for 20 mil and 8-10mil. I suspect each new pack will have weapon tunings drops like the unstable sabers.

I plan to buy weapon tunings, but I can wait a few months when they price drops. If I knew BW was going to release Unstable saber in multiple packs I would have waited.

Edited by Knockerz

He/she should have sold the hypercrate.

He/she should have sold the hypercrate.

Bingo!

If people insist on paying real money to get items that are contained in packs and have a low drop rate, the better route to go is leaving the crates or packs unopened and selling them on the GTN, and then using the money obtained from that sale to purchase the specific item you want from the GTN. No gambling involved.

Bingo!

If people insist on paying real money to get items that are contained in packs and have a low drop rate, the better route to go is leaving the crates or packs unopened and selling them on the GTN, and then using the money obtained from that sale to purchase the specific item you want from the GTN. No gambling involved.

This. The only time you should ever open a hypercrate is if half the stuff in the crate are things you want. In which case, the odds of getting what you want, are pretty high. If there is only one or two items you want? Sell the crate. You can probably afford one or both said items by selling the crate itself.

Have to love when people refuse to grasp the concept of drop rates and then rage about it. Buying more of something that includes a rare item you want does not mean you are guaranteed to get that item; it just means you have slightly increased your chances of getting one. If an item has a 2% drop rate, the drop rate does not increase if you purchase in bulk; the drop rate remains the same but your odds increase.

It's the same concept as the lotto and most gambling games and those odds are always in the house's favor.