The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Black-Black Color Crystal.

Saw a player on Taris earlier today (forgot his name) asked Taris Gen Chat if there was a Black Color Crystal. Like Fully Black. (Think Dark Saber from Star Wars The Clone Wars)

I honestly think this would be a very coveted item, and would make Bioware big bucks. Granted they may already have this idea, or they see this thread and make it.

I see a cool item, Bioware sees $$$$$$

KAH-CHANG!

Well, there are various black core crystals in game. The lightsaber from TCW would be a black-yellow (iirc) crystal, which is already in game. Unfortunately it is a pre-order reward for the vanilla game, and not available anymore.

As for popularity, it was EVERYWHERE at launch, but died out pretty fast. Haven't seen one in ages.

Saw a player on Taris earlier today (forgot his name) asked Taris Gen Chat if there was a Black Color Crystal. Like Fully Black. (Think Dark Saber from Star Wars The Clone Wars)

I honestly think this would be a very coveted item, and would make Bioware big bucks. Granted they may already have this idea, or they see this thread and make it.

I see a cool item, Bioware sees $$$$$$

KAH-CHANG!

The Darksaber isn't black-black. It is a black core, with a white edge/halo, so it would actually be black-white. If a saber were black-black, it would just appear as a weird black stick.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a6/Darksaber-SWE.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110918165551

Aside from the PVP black-silver crystals, I would argue the black-pink crystals are kinda close, since the pink is so pale, that it almost looks white.

Edited by HeatRacer

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was strictly speaking a completely back crystal. I was thinking the entire saber would be AS black as the core of the dark saber.

Essentially the outline is black and the core is black. Black Black Black Black Black. All black/.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was strictly speaking a completely back crystal. I was thinking the entire saber would be AS black as the core of the dark saber.

Essentially the outline is black and the core is black. Black Black Black Black Black. All black/.

I think comparing it to TCW saber threw people off on that one, as it has a light outline.

Personally I'd never get it but more options is always good.

As for popularity, it was EVERYWHERE at launch, but died out pretty fast. Haven't seen one in ages.

I'm pretty attached to my Charred Orange saber crystal (black core, dark orange edge) on my Juggernaut. I do have all the other black-core hilts in storage, I just never use them because I only really play one Imperial character and I don't like the symbolism of having a black core on a LS toon for my Republic characters.

As for a black/black saber, it wouldn't look good in game. As one poster already said, it would just look like a "weird black stick" - saber blades in TOR, because of the way they're visually constructed need a second color to give them depth. They're really eight intersecting 2D planes. If you want proof, look at someone's saber blade point-on; the blade will disappear completely if you angle your camera just right. At best, a black core saber fading to white or even grey would be the best you'd get and not look awful.

Edited by Diviciacus