Low fps bug.

Kelleth

Yes, this is a bug, as I will clarify.

I currently run the game on Windows 8, Intel 3.4ghz i5, GTX 660 and 16 gb RAM, everything on a combi high/ultra in fullscreen mode V-Sync turned off completely.

Now, when I start the game, I get 20 fps. At this point you would say "Turn down the graphics", well, here is the thing, when I minimize the game and maximize the game again, it jumps to 100 fps(My screens refresh rate) and stays there and everything is running smoothly.

Now, if I open the collections menu, finish a conversation in a high npc populated area, load a new area, restart the game, get computer lag for 1-2 seconds, the fps goes back down to 20 fps and stays there, In fact, any type of loading makes the fps go down to 20 fps. BUT, if I then minimize the game and maximize again, the game returns to 100 fps until the next time I do either of those things. If I just run around and shoot stuff, it stays at 100 fps.

Clearly this is some sort of bug as it is obviously not supposed to happen.

So, FPS gets reduced by doing the following until min/maxing the window:

-Loading into the game.

-Opening the Collections Window.

-Taking Screenshots.

-Loading new areas.

-Finishing conversations in high npc populated areas.

-Opening the GTN.

-Searching on the GTN.

-Pretty much ANYTHING that causes the game to momentarily think, even if it is for .1 second, causes the FPS to get locked in at low numbers.

These causes are consistant and will happen again and again until the min/max temporary fix is done.

I would record it, but my recording program causes the game to give me a black screen when I min/max.

[EDIT 1] Reinstalling does not work btw.

Edited by Kelleth

Nvidia has a hotfix (See thread linked) , and this low fps bug is across games on those with 600 series cards

See Here

Edit- I did post the below in the other thread your in yesterday (Link)

Check power options is still on High Performance

Check temps as mentioned by others

Also try either the Nvidia Hotfix Driver 364.96 (Link) there has been a large number of reports of FPS drops on systems across all games over the last few driver releases (Link) the hotfix has addressed some of these issues as mentioned in the link.

Other alternative is to try a driver version at least 3 or 4 releases prior to when this started.

I still get 100 fps open world on Win 10 with GTX970

Edited by OwenBrooks