Fix for missing Class Story Arc Quests and possible cause

Zallanon

I was leveling an Inquisitor and got to Alderaan, did the holo conversation with Zash who pointed me at a noble in House Thul. Talked to the noble and at the end of the conversation the next quest never updated and appeared in my log.. I have a lot of alts and knew where to go for the next quest so out of curiosity I went to it and the "instance" was green, as soon as I entered the quest picked up and continued, and I haven't had an issue since. So even if the quest log doesn't update it appears the database still understands where you are and unlocks progression.

*As a side note, a friend who just started playing didn't have this problem, my guess with a bit of experimentation (I had the exact same problem at the same point in the sith warrior story line) is that because I have characters progressing through the post 4.0 content this may be where the bug originates somehow. Has anyone else noticed this and can verify or refute it?

I was leveling an Inquisitor and got to Alderaan, did the holo conversation with Zash who pointed me at a noble in House Thul. Talked to the noble and at the end of the conversation the next quest never updated and appeared in my log.. I have a lot of alts and knew where to go for the next quest so out of curiosity I went to it and the "instance" was green, as soon as I entered the quest picked up and continued, and I haven't had an issue since. So even if the quest log doesn't update it appears the database still understands where you are and unlocks progression.

*As a side note, a friend who just started playing didn't have this problem, my guess with a bit of experimentation (I had the exact same problem at the same point in the sith warrior story line) is that because I have characters progressing through the post 4.0 content this may be where the bug originates somehow. Has anyone else noticed this and can verify or refute it?

I think it has something to do with the start at 60 tokens and how they tried to fix the legacy grant issue with them. It wouldn't surprise me abit to find out that a lot of the people with the legacy and companion story issued have used start at 60 token

A similar thing happens with several of the heroic mission multi-stage bonuses. The second to last and final stage on some have been disconnected so completing the prior doesn't update the log with the latter. However, like with your example, if you know what the final stage objective is, you can go click the object that triggers it and then it will update in your mission log.

This has been happening since 4.0 hit.