What crew skills for a BH Merc High DPS build?

remembermorrison

I went Armstech -> Scavenging -> Investigation on my BH Merc. Dunno if that's the best but that's what I went with. Reason I chose it was because at end game you will need mods more than actual items so I chose a crafting skill that can make mods for my blasters. To each their own though.

-Darth_Creech

i went armstech, scavenging, slicing. this was before i knew that investigation was needed for some parts but i make an f'ing exorbitant amount of money with slicing so im just gonna buy the investigation parts from the gtn instead

armtech will make your weapons and barrels. the mods you will need to get from a cybertech. scavenging will get you most of the materials for those weapons and investigation will get you the researched materials. slicing gets you pure money and LOTS of it. what you decide to choose is up to you

Edited by Cegenaus

Depending on how you look at it and on how the end game gear will look like.

If as in most situation the best gear will come from Ops and not crafting, remember is did say most not all, your best bet is actually Biochem for the consumables.

Take a look at this

Rakata Reflex Stim

Binds on Pickup

Requires Level 50

This marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use.

Use: Increases Aim by 136 and Power by 56 for 120 minutes. Only one stimpack can be active at a time. This effect persists through defeat.

136 Aim and 56 power.

The highest items I was able to find have 122 Aim on them here's a list.

http://www.torhead.com/items/aim/gt/120/and

But until we know all of the BOP mods/items it is hard to be sure which is best.

Yea armstech is a bit confusing when in reality you will just be getting upgrades from Flashpoints/Operations with barrels/hilts already installed and don't need to craft them. If they add in higher schematics to compete with operation drops it will work out fine though. Edited by Nissin

I went with Armortech/Scavane/Underworld for my Merc (31 Arsenal/10 Bodyguard now at 50). With this combo I have been able to keep not only myself, but my companions as well, geared in mostly Blues/Purples and Oranges the whole way.

End game crafting right now is so-so. I only hit 50 over the Christmas weekend, but already Im sitting in all 126 Rating purple crafted gear, mostly all critted for the extra Augment slot. This enables me to use my Daily Commendations on other items. Now is this the best in game? No...but 126 ratting is not too shabby..and my companions are not far behind me, and eventually will be in the same gear.

It really depends on what you want to do. Bio is amazing too. Everyone who wants to raid will need to either have a Bio, or get to know one. My first alt will be one....already working on him :)

Of course, this is just my opinion and how I went about getting my DPS Merc to 50. it was a f'n blast the whole way. The better geared your companions are, the better it is for you.

YMMV

Here's my take on it.

I'm playing for the PVP. I'm looking at crafted items that will compliment the PVP gear I will already get as rewards. So with that, armor and arms tech is a no no. I choose cyber tech for the BOP mod, armoring and ear pieces ( nades too ).

Edited by ChuckThePug

@Chuck

There is no reason that Bioware couldn't put crafted pvp gear in the game.

Especially with the modded gear.

@ OP

That being said, I'm waiting for the game to mature and just doing 3 gathering professions right now.

In all probability, raids will hold the best pvp weapon in the game (best weapon all around will be a pve weapon almost undoubtedly.

But they could get wise an drop top tier crafting patterns for weapons too, making armstech or even armortech very useful for PVP focused players.

At this point. The best profession today may be the worst tomorrow. Speculating at this point is just that...