The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Chance Cubes and Cartel Reputation/Certificates

So there are still a lot of reasons to have Cartel Market Certificates, but no good source for certificates.

Sure, the exclusive stuff on the reputation vendors can drop from a chance cube, but it tends to be incredibly rare (which I'm fine with, since I got all that reputation so I could get exclusive stuff). But people who bought a lot of packs to have the rep to have access to those items still need access to the certs to buy those items. And yes, the Contraband Slot Machine can drop the certs, but those are so rare that it literally takes hours of mindlessly clicking just to get one certificate. There are also all those exclusive decorations that can only be purchased with certs.

With the introduction of the chance cubes, it sounded like there weren't plans to bring back the old packs/hypercrates anymore. But the chance cubes are a great opportunity to add in a new source of the old cartel reputation and certificates.

So here's my idea - with each item that drops from a chance cube, a rep trophy from the original source of that item drops too. The different tokens drop at the same rates they did in their original packs, and like the packs have a chance to drop a certificate instead. Items from packs with no rep could drop any random rep (or be a definite cartel certificate drop!), and exclusive items from rep vendors can drop the rep from the vendor they are sold on (or be a definite cert drop!). Or it could be totally random, any rep/cert with any item - and still be a great source of rep/certificates (and easier to program I would assume lol)!

This would add to the perceived value of a chance cube, as well as give a good source of certificates so people who spent their credits/money building up all that rep can use those vendors and people can have access to all those great decorations (those Jawas are practically required for a good stronghold/guildship!).