The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Knights of the Old Republic

SaviorHD

Sorry if this isn't the right thread to putthis but didn't know where to put it sorry

Anyway

I am sure that many of you have played Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic the only problem is that it was made a long time ago like really long (2002 or 2003)

Anyway those who still play KoToR these days will experience ... difficulties starting the game or during gameplay mainly from ... Crashing ...

Now recently Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic II- The Sith Lords was patched that makes it playable with current systems and whatnot ... why can there not be a similiar patch for the first KoToR game

It would save people who play it time messing around with the INI config and downloding programs that are probably not safe just to run the game and even then it will crash during gameplay (Some people can't even get to the Menu)

Anyway just a suggestion in probably the wrong forum area hehe that would be appreciated if it was done

(I dont know where to send an email to bioware so this will have to do i hope)

Sorry if this isn't the right thread to putthis but didn't know where to put it sorry

Anyway

I am sure that many of you have played Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic the only problem is that it was made a long time ago like really long (2002 or 2003)

Anyway those who still play KoToR these days will experience ... difficulties starting the game or during gameplay mainly from ... Crashing ...

Now recently Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic II- The Sith Lords was patched that makes it playable with current systems and whatnot ... why can there not be a similiar patch for the first KoToR game

It would save people who play it time messing around with the INI config and downloding programs that are probably not safe just to run the game and even then it will crash during gameplay (Some people can't even get to the Menu)

Anyway just a suggestion in probably the wrong forum area hehe that would be appreciated if it was done

(I dont know where to send an email to bioware so this will have to do i hope)

1. BioWare didn't make KOTOR 2, Obsidian Entertainment did. BioWare just peripherally supervised it and added input. They can't/won't help. You can hope for an anniversary edition re-release, but I doubt that will happen.

2. Do you mean it was updated for the OS X and Linux versions and support for Steam Workshop? Or do you mean the "patch"? The KOTOR 2 "patch" was fan created, designed and coded based off of cut content and such. Completely community driven.

The version from GOG version works well, and GOG try to keep the games they sell compatible with modern OS. I was having crashes on my disc copy and my Steam copy (got it cheap in a sale, so I thought it was worth it if it worked), but I have not had any issues with my GOG copy. As a general rule, if you are buying old games, avoid Steam because they have no curation and use GOG, which does.

I realize this thread is over a week old but just in case the original poster does come back...

Bioware still has a semi active support forum for that game - http://forum.bioware.com/forum/171-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/

Along with a sticky on getting the game to run on modern OSes - http://forum.bioware.com/topic/238940-guide-how-to-get-kotor-to-work-on-vista-or-windows-7/

Which points folks here - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

But yes, I just got the GOG edition for the first one and there is no such thing as KOTOR 2.

Hope this helps

If you wait, there's a fan made rmake of KOTOR coming out (not sure when though). It's pretty much like what they did with Half Life with Black Mesa.

Seeing as how Black Mesa Source took 8 years to release in an incomplete state, and 5 years later it's STILL incomplete, I'm not going to hold my breath for the fan-made remake of KOTOR.