server pools for GSF matches

Asten_

Greetings!

Since I am on a server that has a very low GSF-playing population (Jar'Kai Sword) - is there any chance we will get server pools for GSF matches anytime soon? I am sooo much hoping this "you can switch between pvp and pve instances at any time"-feature of patch 4.3 is a premonition of server pools for gsf matches coming soon - i really would love to see that!

What do you guys think?

Best Regards,

Asten

As much as Cross server Queue's would help, it would also hurt GSF in my opinion. Each server has it's own distinct GSF playerbase. what I mean by this is, The communities personality on how others are treated is different from server to server. Cross server would eliminate that, since everyone would be randomly selected from every server. Also each server has different types of ships that are flown which is also part of it's individual difference. (what I mean by this is, some servers more pilots fly GS's (so any given 8 v 8, 10+ may be in GS's). Other servers may have 4 GS's in the same type of match, but may have 8 bombers to go with them. So by making it just one pool your taking away each servers differences because all of the players are tossed into one pot.

So the server Personality if you'll let me call it that for the GSF community would suffer for each server if everyone is put into Cross server queues.

There's nothing wrong with servers losing their "personality" in exchange for a larger player pool. Matches will become more frequent, and more balanced too. Also, some personalities are nothing to be proud of...

But this is a moot point - if it will happen, it will. If not, no. It certainly won't happen because of GSF.

Cross-server queues have been asked for over and over and over again. The Devs came back with "we have something in development that is 'better' than cross-server."

Many believe that the 90 cartel coin transfer cost was that "better than cross-server" thing.

With the implementation of PvE and PvP instances in 4.3 many (myself included) believe that "mega servers" (server mergers) are in our future and that mega-servers are the "better than cross-server" solution.

Cross-server queues is not going to happen, but stay tuned.