PvP Improvements

akisgood

I'm sure some of these have been suggested already. Perhaps someone who knows why bioware hasn't implemented them can enlighten me.

- Cross server ranked queues - Better queue times and integrity of the system (no queue syncing/swapping servers for easier matchups).

- Replace 4v4 acid - The acid caters to stealth classes who can wait for it in a dire situation, and is chaotic at best. You could leave the acid in but also introduce a system similar to WoW whereby healing and stealth both become less effective over time to resolve stalemates.

-Huttball tough ball carriers - Everyone has had those games where a tank with his defensives available picks up the ball and trying to bring him down feels like flogging an elephant with a wet noodle. Holding the ball should give a stacking debuff increasing damage taken, maybe reducing speed etc. It shouldn't refresh immediately on passing the ball, but should only apply its effects while you are holding the ball (to prevent flip- flopping). You could call it "Exhausted - The huttball is heavy!" or something.

-Update pvp achievements- The damage dealt and healing dealt achievements seem to still be tuned for level 50. When you can get the highest healing achievement on a class with no targeted heals, you know something is wrong there. I don't know how hard it is to do but maybe even add some novelty or challenging ones like 1v2, 1v3, throwing the huttball to every member of your team in one match, killing a player with the environment etc.

-Queueing map choices- Again, idk how hard this is to do. A lot of players have maps they don't really like. Why not let them choose 1 or 2 maps to exclude when they are queueing up for regs?

Edited by akisgood

I'm sure some of these have been suggested already. Perhaps someone who knows why bioware hasn't implemented them can enlighten me.

- Cross server ranked queues - Better queue times and integrity of the system (no queue syncing/swapping servers for easier matchups).

- Replace 4v4 acid - The acid caters to stealth classes who can wait for it in a dire situation, and is chaotic at best. You could leave the acid in but also introduce a system similar to WoW whereby healing and stealth both become less effective over time to resolve stalemates.

-Huttball tough ball carriers - Everyone has had those games were a tank with his defensives available picks up the ball and trying to bring him down feels like flogging an elephant with a wet noodle. Holding the ball should give a stacking debuff increasing damage taken, maybe reducing speed etc. It shouldn't refresh immediately on passing the ball, but should only apply its effects while you are holding the ball (to prevent flip- flopping). You could call it "Exhausted - The huttball is heavy!" or something.

-Update pvp achievements- The damage dealt and healing dealt achievements seem to still be tuned for level 50. When you can get the highest healing achievement on a class with no targeted heals, you know something is wrong there. I don't know how hard it is to do but maybe even add some novelty or challenging ones like 1v2, 1v3, throwing the huttball to every member of your team in one match, killing a player with the environment etc.

Sign the petition on my sig to support the idea of cross server, cross faction, matchmaking, etc. You can just /sign, or agree or disagree what is in the petition if you want to clarify what you support and do not.