Bodyguard DPS rotation?

Patchez

Hi guys, Im a level 32 bodyguard merc and was wondering what your rotation of skills is for dealing damage while speced in this tree?

I always find myself running high on heat without doing much damage!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi guys, Im a level 32 bodyguard merc and was wondering what your rotation of skills is for dealing damage while speced in this tree?

The bodyguard tree is the healing tree of the merc line if you want to dps you need to put

points into the arsanal tree thats why your doing litte dmg.

First off, I don't run with Mako. I use gault (just got Blizz, will try him). Second, most of the mobs I am fighting are grouped, so I do more AOE than single target.

For single target, try to stick with casted/channeled abilities (unload/powershot) and sparsely sprinkle in the instant ones. Don't forget to use Rapid Shot (spamable cost free ability). The higher your heat gets, the less it regens. So keeping it below 45-60% is key. If you start creeping to high, switch to rapid shots.

Let your companion do damage and heal yourself/them as needed. That is all I can recommend. We are not the fastest content killers in the game, but we can be very durable.

EDIT: Yes, Bodygaurd is a healing tree, but healers have to solo too! Or you DPS folks won't have someone to save your behinds during ops/flashpoints.

Edited by Xcetra

First off, I don't run with Mako. I use gault (just got Blizz, will try him). Second, most of the mobs I am fighting are grouped, so I do more AOE than single target.

For single target, try to stick with casted/channeled abilities (unload/powershot) and sparsely sprinkle in the instant ones. Don't forget to use Rapid Shot (spamable cost free ability). The higher your heat gets, the less it regens. So keeping it below 45-60% is key. If you start creeping to high, switch to rapid shots.

Let your companion do damage and heal yourself/them as needed. That is all I can recommend. We are not the fastest content killers in the game, but we can be very durable.

Essentially what Xcetra just pointed out.

Rotation varies quite greatly in this game and not every group is always the same. Granted you will run into problematic enemies that are Strong and grouped with a couple of Weak enemies. AOE would be your best bet. I have been lately using Gault because of his AOE specialization in Assault and has helped on more than one occasion in taking down the baddies let alone he can also take some hits before going down, so healing him (Bodyguard OH MY GOSSHH!! :p) helps a great gain.