The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yellow ish crystal

ThaBuzz

There are a lot of very nice colors available but for some reason a simple, yet different from the original, yellow crystal is still missing.

Isn't the yellow farmhand one different, just a bit darker as I remember

I remember getting it as a world drop

Also a topic here on how to get a pure yellow crystal

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=445639

(Can't vouch for info in link as I haven't done the quest in years)

Edited by nanamaryjj

I agree with OP.

The only variations of yellow on cristal have been put on odd ones : striated ones, colored-core ones... There has not been a single "traditionnal" crystal (understand "white-core single-outlined") with a variation of yellow. One would be welcomed.

That's boggling considering that any of the initial colors have or will have one, except yellow.

Red has one. (Blood red)

Orange had one. (Copper)

Green has two. (Mint green and Desert green)

Cyan has one. (Turquoise)

Blue has one. (Farmhand blue)

Purple, has two. (Derelict Purple and Amethyst)

Magenta will soon have one. (Fushia)

Yellow ? None.

The closest has been the white-yellow-orange but that's still not a simple "yellow variation".

Personally, I'd settle for a gold crystal (we had gold core, gold outline, but not a plain gold).

Simply making the hue of a "normal yellow" shift towards red is enough to make yellow (RGB : 255,255,0) to become gold (RGB : 255,204,0)

(Can be made slightly darker to reinforce the difference - RGB : 238,187,0)

PS : Praise the coloring skills.

---

Isn't the yellow farmhand one different, just a bit darker as I remember

I remember getting it as a world drop

Also a topic here on how to get a pure yellow crystal

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=445639

(Can't vouch for info in link as I haven't done the quest in years)

Farmhand is a blue one, and lighter than the normal blue at that.

That link only speak about a quest that could give a yellow crystal for you to use depending on some choices, but that's just a yellow as any other yellow crystal. Nothing special about it.

Edited by Altheran

I agree with OP.

The only variations of yellow on cristal have been put on odd ones : striated ones, colored-core ones... There has not been a single "traditionnal" crystal (understand "white-core single-outlined") with a variation of yellow. One would be welcomed.

That's boggling considering that any of the initial colors have or will have one, except yellow.

Red has one. (Blood red)

Orange had one. (Copper)

Green has two. (Mint green and Desert green)

Cyan has one. (Turquoise)

Blue has one. (Farmhand blue)

Purple, has two. (Derelict Purple and Amethyst)

Magenta will soon have one. (Fushia)

Yellow ? None.

The closest has been the white-yellow-orange but that's still not a simple "yellow variation".

Personally, I'd settle for a gold crystal (we had gold core, gold outline, but not a plain gold).

Simply making the hue of a "normal yellow" shift towards red is enough to make yellow (RGB : 255,255,0) to become gold (RGB : 255,204,0)

(Can be made slightly darker to reinforce the difference - RGB : 238,187,0)

PS : Praise the coloring skills.

---

Farmhand is a blue one, and lighter than the normal blue at that.

That link only speak about a quest that could give a yellow crystal for you to use depending on some choices, but that's just a yellow as any other yellow crystal. Nothing special about it.

Yeah checked when i logged in, could of sworn it said yellow farmhand

As i said about the link, its been years since i done the quest, i just rememberd it gave a yellow crystal, hence why i mentioned it :)