The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A big discount on name changes are needed not just 25% off

Seriously Bioware why only give a 25% discount on name changes so it's 750CC each, when in fact you can do it for much, much less than that at only 180CC.

You should have made the tokens 250CC max (a little more than 180 but it is a bit more convenient hence the extra 70CC) and I am pretty certain it would sell well as people may not mind paying 70CC more but 570CC more?.

What were you thinking when you decided to try and charge 750CC each?

Someone suggested making use of(1) the 90CC server-transfer price: create a character with the same name you want to get rid of on a different server. Transfer the character you want to rename to the other server. This forces the transferred character to be renamed. Now transfer the character back.

Result: you've spent 180 CCs and your character has a new name.

(1) "making use of" might be pronounced "a-BYOOZ-ing" or "ex-PLOYT-ing", so be wary.

Someone suggested making use of(1) the 90CC server-transfer price: create a character with the same name you want to get rid of on a different server. Transfer the character you want to rename to the other server. This forces the transferred character to be renamed. Now transfer the character back.

Result: you've spent 180 CCs and your character has a new name.

(1) "making use of" might be pronounced "a-BYOOZ-ing" or "ex-PLOYT-ing", so be wary.

Don't assume that because the Character needs a rename you can transfer back and then rename - you get left with a character with a name like a gold spammer. Cost me an extra 180cc :(

Don't assume that because the Character needs a rename you can transfer back and then rename - you get left with a character with a name like a gold spammer. Cost me an extra 180cc :(

The idea is that you rename before you transfer back. Sorry for not being clear about that.

The idea is that you rename before you transfer back. Sorry for not being clear about that.

No, I got that - I made the mistake on my trooper on Tuesday. Transferred to another server and his name was already taken, so he got the "HFKTHRJEFJFGSDFRT" name, and I forgot to name him before sending back to the original server, where a name holder was in place to force the name change. Since no-one on the first server was called "HFKTHRJEFJFGSDFRT" (I know, I was amazed it hadn't been snapped up too), he got stuck with it and I had to do it again.

No, I got that - I made the mistake on my trooper on Tuesday. Transferred to another server and his name was already taken, so he got the "HFKTHRJEFJFGSDFRT" name, and I forgot to name him before sending back to the original server, where a name holder was in place to force the name change. Since no-one on the first server was called "HFKTHRJEFJFGSDFRT" (I know, I was amazed it hadn't been snapped up too), he got stuck with it and I had to do it again.

In the words of a Lithuanian guildie in ArcheAge: "Never lucky".

I swear, he says that whenever anything bad happens. Doesn't matter what it is. Got a weak price for trade packs? "Never lucky." Fell off a mountain when trying to fly your glider to the top? "Never lucky." Drove your car off a cliff into a river? "Never lucky." Three of you on a trade run (including him...) in a PvP zone jumped by eight members of a former guild who have declared a sort of war?(1) "Never lucky." Destroyed your best piece of armour trying to upgrade it? Guess what he says?

(1) It's a long story that I won't bore you with, but central characters in this drama are the leader of that other guild and the leader and second-in-command of my current guild. It is complicated further by the said second-in-command being none other than SteveTheCynic.